Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$230
eDreamsUS$230
TripadvisorUS$229
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews nelson suite new owners lovely setting roast dinner wedding breakfast roast potatoes cooked breakfast full english a lovely place to stay my mum marquee conservatory stables retreat dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020

In these difficult times for the hospitality industry, it is both cheering and humbling to see how some establishments are finding new ways of working that will be good for them and for their customers. Scarborough Hill Hotel is now offering take away Sunday roast dinners. I’ve just eaten mine and what a treat it was: a generous helping of tender lamb with mint sauce and extra gravy on the side, roast potatoes, an enormous, crisp Yorkshire pudding and a huge variety of veg - carrot, parsnip, cabbage, broccoli, mashed swede and cauliflower cheese. Packed carefully in heat retaining containers, it took just a moment to transfer it all to the plate but a little longer to eat such a feast. I understand they may continue to offer this even when they are able to open in the future - such a brilliant idea especially for people like me who live alone - it really isn’t worth cooking a roast dinner for one so this is perfect. I’ll definitely be back.

Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

We have just enjoyed a delicious roast beef Sunday lunch complete with a huge homemade Yorkshire pudding,a large selection of fresh vegetables, horse radish sauce, a really tasty beefy gravy and pigs in blankets which we were very happy to add on as an extra. They were worth it! Much easier than cooking it ourselves and we can't wait to find out the choices for next Sunday! Worth every penny......sending our compliments to the chef. Thank you very much. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

I truly cannot understand the negative feedback on the hotel our experience was 10 out of 10.

Mark the Manager who welcomed us and made us feel extremely comfortable and safe in these very strange times we had the Hamilton suite which was absolutely beautiful one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and my husband had the burger and said it was the best he had ever eaten.

We were served by one of the nicest young ladies ever for breakfast the following morning and had a long chat about the country’s current situation!!

We are so sorry that the inn is now on lockdown but we most definitely will be back for a second visit.

To everybody at Scarborough Hill Country Inn stay safe

1  Thank bazandju
Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

Well, where do I start, I was in an episode of Fawlty Towers..Upon arrival I’d entered the building, only to receive an important phone call, so I went back outside, leaving my wife with the bags in the hallway. On returning she pointed out a female member of staff and said the lady had just had a full blown argument in front of her with another young male staff member and she said she was appalled by the woman’s behaviour in front of guests and felt embarrassed for the young lad who was being disciplined and there was no apology for the incident occurring in front of her.
We then moved to check in and there were no staff so we waited a good five minutes to be checked in. Whilst waiting for the staff a pair of elderly ladies were sat next to us talking about how rude the woman had been who had the argument and how embarrassed they felt about it. We were eventually booked in by a friendly older gentleman who was very nice.
The room was fine, a little tired in places, but on the whole it was comfortable, just the odd little thing such as a light bulb not working, handle missing off a set of drawers, it was cold, thread bare carpet on the steep stairs, but the bed was comfy.
We went down for dinner and met up with four friends. We asked initially for a pink gin and tonic and when it came it was pink grapefruit gin. We then asked for a proper pink gin and we don’t really know what the second drink was, but it wasn’t pink gin. In the end we gave up and asked for something different...
We sat down at 7.30pm and we started to get concerned about the time as it closed at 10pm. We were however entertained by a cat and two children in their pyjamas walking around the restaurant. At 8.15pm we had to ask someone to take our order. Guess what, at 9pm we were still waiting and we were extremely angry that my wife’s birthday treat was turning into a soap opera. We asked when the meal would arrive and were told the chef was “prepping” it. I pointed out to her, that the whole affair was a disgrace and I just didnt know how we were going to have the meal before 10pm, as all that we’d had was some bread and olives. Apparently I was being “unreasonable” as she had given us a baguette and some olives for free..
We had sat down for one and a half hours and they were still “prepping”. I asked what the problem was and she said it was reduced staff because of Covid?? then it was that a member of staff hadn’t turned up? we didn’t know what to believe.
Due to her bad attitude, lack of any customer skills, and the way she treated her staff I told her that we had all had enough and we didn’t want the meal, in fact I also cancelled the following night’s meal and the following nights stay (she was very quick to say we wouldn’t be refunded, something that’s been mentioned on another review last month) But hey, you only live once, so we stayed overnight, ordered in a KFC, which we had with a bottle of Champagne! We skipped breakfast, because it would probably have arrived at lunchtime, and we checked out. Not unsurprisingly there were no staff on reception.
As we drove away, I just thought “thats 17 hours of my life I’ll never get back” and was particularly annoyed the clocks had gone back..
We then spoke to our local friends about the place, who were disgruntled we hadn’t contacted them first as they would have advised us to stay elsewhere. They told us that their friends had been there recently and when their food came out, there were only three of the four meals that were ordered and they then were questioned on whether they had actually ordered four meals!!
We may not get the money back, but hey, I’m sure the Tripadvisor review will suffice..

Date of stay: October 2020
3  Thank SuffolkStephen
Reviewed 20 October 2020

I loved this warm and cosy hotel and will stay there again. Brett, the manager was so helpful and courteous. The cat had its own stubborn temperament and refused to budge as we were taking our cases upstairs. Staff worked so hard but as operating and skeleton level food took its time to arrive. Breakfast well worth it. thank you Brett, I hope we meet again. Lovely place. Ken Marsh

Room tip: all rooms looked good
Date of stay: October 2020