All reviews the pub ancient mariner pub next door sea view boat house wedding party oak bar sand dunes traditional hotel lovely hotel evening meal hotel bar hunstanton beach hotel is situated superior room the north norfolk coast first class
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I recently stayed at the LeStrange Hotel and we had a lovely seven days holiday.
We had a see view room which was well maintained, clean and very spacious.
During our stay the weather was very bad with snow, below zero temperatures on several days, strong winds, rain and some sunshine but throughout our stay the whole of the hotel was warm and comfortable.
We had a choice of places to eat within the hotel complex and the food was excellent and plentiful.
We would like to thank all the management and staff for making our holiday at the LeStrange Hotel so comfortable and memorable and will certainly be booking another holiday.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I recently booked a birthday surprise for my wife at the Le Strange, Old Hunstanton. I have wanted to stay here for some years but it is not cheap.
To our disappointment the sea view room was not clean. We found cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in the bathroom & the dado rail visibly full of dust by the bed. It’s not like Three In A Bed where they go hunting for the dirt this was clearly on show & at £153.00 a night it is well below par.
I rang to confirm my booking 2 days before arrival & as we wish to eat in the Ancient Mariner Inn next door to the hotel I was advised to book which I did with the hotel. When we arrived they had no record of the booking. Most embarrassing for us. We had to wait for a table to become free. The Ancient Mariner staff blamed the Hotel Reception & the Hotel reception blamed Ancient Mariner staff saying an email had been sent at the time I booked. Well that did not help us & spoiled our evening.
Breakfast in the hotel was very good the following morning & staff more than accommodating.
The hotel is right on the beach & we enjoyed a lovely walk by the cliffs into Hunstanton.
I can recommend the area & the hotel could have been lovely but I was very disappointed with our experience & my surprise weekend was not as I had planned.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank MMADM
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Al the amenities of the current day but with the romance of the the 1920s. Hotel overlooks the sea with paths through the dunes. No road between the hotel and the beach. I did not eat in so cannot comment on the food but the restaurant looked inviting. Utterly charming. Several bars all overlooking the sea. What not to love.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 March 2018

we booked 1 night in the boathouse room B1. Room was OK clean but furnishings were old and dark wood.we had our daughter with us and there was a sofa bed all setup for her but no way could she sleep on it as the mattress was about 1 inch thick and you could feel everything under it so she had one of the beds and the wife and myself had the other bed.the bathroom was OK but not as clean as i would have liked with big cobwebs hanging in the shower area and along the back wall.tea,coffee etc. was provided.there is an interlocking door to B2 room which made any noise from there room so audible and was not nice.we also had our dog with us and we housed him in his cage which was nice for him.we ordered a breakfast to come to the room so we could eat it in the same room as our dog.my daughter ordered cereal which came but no milk came with it so she had no breakfast,we also ordered tea but also no milk,ordered the fruit,no fruit came.we decided to have a little walk with our dog on the beach before we left for home and it was great but when we came back to the room to get ready to leave there was housekeeping in our room taking all the bed lining off and he said we had checked out,we said no we had not yet checked out.also there was dog mess down the path to our room so we reported it and the reception lady said she would get it cleaned up but it was still there as we left.we also said about the fact housekeeping was in our room before we had even left and the receptionist didn't seem to bothered as one of us could have been in the shower of anything so was very upset about that.my feeling is that because we had a dog with us the room and its furnishings and decorative ored was a bit lacking in my opinion.

Room Tip: the boathouse is not great for family of with animals either
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Adrian S
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Short 3 nights on a winter break deal which was such good value.
Room was clean, comfortable a good size, with a good shower and huge bed.
The cooked breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. Plenty of chairs in the lounge to sit and just read, have a coffee or just look at the view.
All the staff were really friendly.
Really good location for walking, and right on the beach.
Would most definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple