3,961 results
All reviews spa bath evening meal crazy golf leisure facilities bay horse deluxe room afternoon tea lovely hotel dinner bed and breakfast secret escapes steam room lovely grounds three course meal old building leisure club beautiful building spa break
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

check in ok but disappointed with the "spa bath". we were expecting a nice big romantic bath with lots of jets. what we got was a big standard "rather short" bath with 8 jets in the bottom. I laughed at the thought of myself and my wife squeazing into it. we next went to the pool which was large enough forever the loungers could have been a bit more comfortable. the Jacuzzi had so much chlorine in it it was line sitting in a hot bath of raw onions. our eyes were watering so much within the space of 1 minute that we had to get out of it. although we were off to a bad start we decided to have lunch in the pool cafe. my wife ordered the Caesar salad only to be told there was no parmesan, only cheddar!! although we'd ordered 4 meals, as we were staying with another couple, one of the meals hadn't been ordered so my brother had to wait for his meal to arrive, despite the fact the waitress re-read the order to us. our final laugh was at dinner when I ordered the red onion and brie tart only to be told there was no brie!!!!! at this point I could have screamed. so a menu has red onion and brie tart but no brie??? the waitress said I could have cheddar rather than brie. dear God if I didn't laugh I would have screamed. needless to say I went for the tart but the cheddar just didn't quite do it justice. it was hard and cold. a very disappointing day 1. On a good note the bed was very comfortable and breakfsst the next day was very nice. my wife had a nice back massage and pedicure which she said was amazing by the lovely Alice so please pass on our compliments to Alice in the spa.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Vince J, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear lorretta123,

Thank you for your kind review nd so sorry about the cheese debacle ! The day prior it had come to light that our cheese supplier had been overcharging us and he was immediately dropped which left an issue that you'll now understand. All resolved with alternatives now.

The jacuzzi in the health club is automatically dosed though the issue can be due to the bubbles which affects some guests more than others. We check the chlorine levels every 2 hours and adjust as needed.

I'm really glad you had a lovely stay and Alice will really appreciate your highlighting her service.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a night here with my partner for our anniversary. Stayed in a Deluxe Spa Room, with a 3 course meal, breakfast the next morning and a late check out included in the price. Thought this was a great deal but overall very disappointed.

The staff were friendly and room 508 was great. Very clean with a comfortable bed. We expected our bathrobes to already be in the room however we were told we had to collect them from the spa. When doing so the morning after, we were told we had to collect them on the first night of our stay otherwise we weren't entitled - very wrong!! I should either be able to collect them when I want or they should already be in the room.

Went to book a table in the restaurant and were told we could either have 6pm or 9:15pm. The time gap was a pain but we went for 9:15pm. Had to go backwards and forwards to the restaurant THREE times to ask if our table was ready yet and didn't get seated until 10pm!!!

My partner ordered the chicken dish for main and it came covered in mushrooms which he hates and this was not stated on the menu... what if he was allergic? My Italian burger was a ridiculously small size and extremely dry, didn't even bother eating it. Because we were so disappointed we did not even stay for desert and also heard guests around us complaining about the wait or their food. May I just add all the time we were here we weren't once asked if we would like a drink. I understand the restaurant was busy but we should not be penalised for this by terrible food and service - get more staff!!

It was our anniversary and we were not made to feel special at all despite making the staff aware of this on many occasions. The food was a disgrace and I would like a reply off the manager on this post with an email address for the hotel so I can take this matter further.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear MM1410,

I'm sorry for your disappointment and we are in touch on email directly. It was an exceptionally challenging dinner service, extremely rare and I'll hope to encourage you to return and experience our normal standards.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

when we drove through the gates you could sense this was going to be a relaxing retreat.This is a very big hotel,our room was one of the delux spa rooms, amazing jaccuzi bath separate shower with multi head shower.which to a little working out. the room was large and comfortable, there was an ice bucket in the room, when I phoned down to reception I was told there was an ice machine at the end of the corriador. there wasn't, not at either end. I phoned down again and was told ice could be brought up at a cost of £5.sod that, I walked the 7 minutes down and across the hotel trying to find my way to the bar finally achieving my objective. a bucket of ice.
The spa facilities are good pool steam room jaccuzi, sauna, and gym ,also treatments .my partner had a couple of treatments which ware well received.
Most of the staff are very nice, and approachable, however the restaurant manager was a little stern, and when we did have cause to complain, was not very sympathetic to our needs. All that being said we did have a relaxing stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear tonzer w,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm not sure where the corridor ice machine advise came froma nd so sorry as we have never had such a thing.

So glad you still had a realxing stay and enjoyed your Deluxe Spa Double room.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The hotel is lovely, the rooms are fabulous and the staff go out of their way to be helpful and they are a happy bunch!. The food in the restaurant is among the best I have eaten. They even brought me a birthday cake out and we didn't even tell them that was the reason for our stay. It seems to be a very popular place to eat so be sure to book your table

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear dorispilmoor,

So glad we made your day and someone must have let it slip about your birthday otherwise it was coincidence and you've eaten someone elses cake !!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife is dairy allergic and we had informed the hotel of this at time of booking and in a phone call on the day of arrival. However, there was practically nothing on the menu she could eat. The main course she had selected had to be changed after it ran out. The new order had buttered mashed potato which she could not eat so she asked for it to be changed to chips - we then got charged for doing so! Again we asked if the kitchen could do something dairy-free but was told they were "too busy" - not the response we hoped for. The reception staff were very helpful and apologetic when I complained and adjusted our final bill but the restaurant experience really spoiled our stay - not made better by being sat there for over 2 hours for our meals.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cdent2017,

Thank you for your kind review and my apologies for the service prov ided in light of your wife's allergy. I'm afraid we had one night whwere our timings went to pot and we were light in staffing and control slipped away from us. Normally your request would have been dealt with much better and our team are usually the most flexible to special requests.

I'm sorry your visit co-incided with our bad night and hope you'll revisit us soon to experience our usual standards.