3,859 results
All reviews spa bath crazy golf bay horse leisure facilities deluxe room afternoon tea evening meal lovely hotel dinner bed and breakfast steam room lovely grounds three course meal leisure club beautiful building spa break restaurant staff family room
Reviewed 17 October 2017

when we drove through the gates you could sense this was going to be a relaxing retreat.This is a very big hotel,our room was one of the delux spa rooms, amazing jaccuzi bath separate shower with multi head shower.which to a little working out. the room was large and comfortable, there was an ice bucket in the room, when I phoned down to reception I was told there was an ice machine at the end of the corriador. there wasn't, not at either end. I phoned down again and was told ice could be brought up at a cost of £5.sod that, I walked the 7 minutes down and across the hotel trying to find my way to the bar finally achieving my objective. a bucket of ice.
The spa facilities are good pool steam room jaccuzi, sauna, and gym ,also treatments .my partner had a couple of treatments which ware well received.
Most of the staff are very nice, and approachable, however the restaurant manager was a little stern, and when we did have cause to complain, was not very sympathetic to our needs. All that being said we did have a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Vince J, General Manager at Redworth Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear tonzer w,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm not sure where the corridor ice machine advise came froma nd so sorry as we have never had such a thing.

So glad you still had a realxing stay and enjoyed your Deluxe Spa Double room.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The hotel is lovely, the rooms are fabulous and the staff go out of their way to be helpful and they are a happy bunch!. The food in the restaurant is among the best I have eaten. They even brought me a birthday cake out and we didn't even tell them that was the reason for our stay. It seems to be a very popular place to eat so be sure to book your table

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear dorispilmoor,

So glad we made your day and someone must have let it slip about your birthday otherwise it was coincidence and you've eaten someone elses cake !!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife is dairy allergic and we had informed the hotel of this at time of booking and in a phone call on the day of arrival. However, there was practically nothing on the menu she could eat. The main course she had selected had to be changed after it ran out. The new order had buttered mashed potato which she could not eat so she asked for it to be changed to chips - we then got charged for doing so! Again we asked if the kitchen could do something dairy-free but was told they were "too busy" - not the response we hoped for. The reception staff were very helpful and apologetic when I complained and adjusted our final bill but the restaurant experience really spoiled our stay - not made better by being sat there for over 2 hours for our meals.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear cdent2017,

Thank you for your kind review and my apologies for the service prov ided in light of your wife's allergy. I'm afraid we had one night whwere our timings went to pot and we were light in staffing and control slipped away from us. Normally your request would have been dealt with much better and our team are usually the most flexible to special requests.

I'm sorry your visit co-incided with our bad night and hope you'll revisit us soon to experience our usual standards.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a night booking through 'myhotelbreaks' room was clean and tidy and reception staff were lovely. Only fault was when we arrived we hadnt booked a table to eat - could only get into restaurant for 9pm which was late, we were not seated till 9.30pm and our order was not taken till 9.50pm - saying that all staff were lovely in restaurant considering the circumstances!
We later found out that you could get a taxi for £5 into a close by town that offers many pubs and places to eat - we were lead to believe there was not much around the area!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zoejohnston1

Dear zoejohnston1,

Thank you for your kind review and I'm sorry that you were delayed in eating.

We do get very busy and always suggest booking in advance on our Cairn Colelction website to get the best times. The night you stayed was exceptionally busy later on and we did fall behind with bookings and were light on the floor and running around a lot. It's not usually as manic and I'm sorry it affected your enjoyment.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

From the pictures and views of this stunning property you would expect the elegance and grandeur to carry on through to the restaurant, lounge bar and bedrooms.
Yes well that is not the case we found during our visit.
Admittedly we did go for the less expensive room option on the ground floor which turned out to be just a few strides from a very lively reception/party in one of the hotels function rooms. I guess you can't blame the behaviour of some of the noisy drunken guests trotting down the corridors waking us up at 2pm on the hotel but it did add to an already disappointing stay.
Reception staff were polite and efficient but why put the booking in my name. I didn't pay for it. It was a suprise from my partner and should have been in her name. As should the booked table in the restaurant breakfast area.
Anyway, the food from the lounge bar was overpriced and the food itself wasn't 4star quality. The room was dated and poorly decorated. There was a 1970's telephone attached to the wall above the toilet. Room service ordered as you pooh! I think not!!!
The curtains were hanging off the rail and you could here everything from next door, and I mean everything through the connecting door. Sound proofing urgently required in that department me thinks.
Bed was ok. Tea and coffee in the room was sparse and only enough for one cuppa each. Not enough in my view.
Room was just generally underwhelming.
Breakfast was also a let down, I could have bounced the fried egg off the floor and more tomatoe juice than beans meant having to drain off the excess before plating up.
I'm not going to say anymore. I won't be going back.
Oh the coffee was ok.

Room Tip: Book a room else where
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riggieih

Dear riggieih,

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you were unhappy with your room. This was clearly one of our older rooms which we are hoping to fully update early next year. There was a time when telephones in bathrooms were expected of a 4 star hotel !

I'm guessing your partner decided to put the room under your name as we've no concern either way.

Thank you for your helpful feedback.