“Good gin & tonic and place to chillax”
Review of Svalbar

Svalbar
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Longyearbyen
Cuisines: Norwegian, International, Pub, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

The gin & tonic was good. They were generous with the gin. There was a pool table which made it more fun.

There are newer reviews for Svalbar

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Do you like overlooked 1970s funk/disco/r&b? Then head to Svalbar (great name)! The food is fairly standard bar/pub, but they have the local brewery's offerings in tap, so you can try craft beer at 78 degrees north latitude. My wife and I ate here on our transit nights, and enjoyed it.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stopped into Svalbar on my last day while waiting for my plane departure time. They have, I believe, every bear from the local brewery on draft, which is a plus if you are trying to check them all out. I didn't have any food so I can't comment on that. During my visit there was a free pool table, although it is situated right in the middle of the diners so it can be awkward to play if busy. I'm also told that it's not always there, especially during peak season, probably due to the fact that it is in the middle of the dining area. The crowd appeared to be predominantly on the younger side, 25-35 I would guess.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Go alone or go with friends, but this is definitely worth a visit. The beer was good, burger was excellent (I had the devil burger - flimsy bun though) and the service was exceptional. Hang with the locals and enjoy!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

And it wasn't just because we needed a burger fix. They were terrific.

This is a great place to hang out, grab a beer, shoot some pool. Convenient location next to the grocery story, shopping and the Basecamp Hotel