All reviewsmain buildingfree coffeecomfortable bedmiddle of townwould highly recommend this hotelnew buildingfive nightscentral locationheated floorsclose to shopsmodern hotelexcellent hotelpolar bearstayed two nightscoop supermarketcoffee tablebig bathroom
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This is an average hotel, but very pricy.Paid for a plus room, but nowhere to sit and work or put my laptop. Beds were good.. No closet to hang your clothes.
Breakfast was included, but nothing special only the evrywhere standard of scramble eggs, no fried eggs. I stay more than 100 night a year in hotels and I expect more for 2800 NOK plus a night.
Staff was friendly ,as all people I met in Svalbard

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Aina M, Front Office Manager at Svalbard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Hello J7470WHjohnb,

We always appreciate hearing back from our guests, so that we can continue to improve our hotel, service and facilities. I will bring this message forward, but it is important to remember that Svalbard is generally an expensive destination to visit, and prices are depending on availability and seasons. This of course applies for all the hotels in town. But as mentioned, all feedback is important feedback, and I will bring it forward.

Thank you for your review, and perhaps one day we will see you again!

Best regards,
The staff of Svalbard Hotell.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

never heard of the Island until the trip was mentioned, but what a stunning experience.
24hr darkness with a total eclipse and a smart comfy hotel. the hotel was quiet and relaxed with friendly staff and lovely food.
we organised a trip to be collected and when the bus didnt show we informed reception whom complained to the tour company on our behalf. anything we needed the staff had an answer or would find us an answer. brilliant

Room Tip: all the rooms are great in the main lodge, no noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello Oldwolf1971,

It makes us very happy to hear that you very positively surprised over Svalbard, and the beauty of this island in the north.

We are also pleased to hear that you are happy with the hotel, and of course the service provided by our staff. I will make sure to let them know that they are doing an excellent job.

Hope to see you here again, perhaps another time of the year. All the seasons are completely different and should be experienced.

Svalbard Hotell.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect location on main street. I stayed in the old building, the annex. Slightly less convenient, since you have to get dressed more warmly for breakfast (though it’s literally across the street) But no problem at all for me.
My room was a standard room. Very comfortable and nice. And warm! Quite small, no room to work really. For that I guess you’ll have to spend more money for the superior rooms in the main building. Breakfast was really delicious. Wide range of options.
Reception was very friendly. Only thing I would recommend is a bit more personal attention when choosing a trip. They referred me to the website twice, but it would be nice if they could also tell you a bit about the trips themselves.
Overall: highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hello SanneB571,

Thank you for the feedback after your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and of course the fact that you found our hotel warm and comfortable.

I will bring with me the feedback regarding the personal attention, as it is very important for us to provide our guests good service.

If you ever find yourself in Longyearbyen again, you are always welcomed back to us.

Sunny wishes from
The Svalbard Hotell Staff.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Svalbard hotel for a week and loved it. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was fantastic. Our room was spotlessly clean and also very quiet.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Aina M, Front Office Manager at Svalbard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Nick D,

Thank you so much for your review. I will make sure to let the staff know that they are much appreciated by our guests.

If you ever find yourself in Longyearbyen again, you are welcome to stay with us.

Best regards,
The Svalbard Hotell | Polfareren team.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

This trip was arranged to celebrate my partner's 40th birthday and I was so pleased with our choice of hotel. The hotel was not too big so it had a really cosy and personal feel. The staff were super nice and friendly and made you feel very welcome. We stayed in the main building so we made use of the really comfortable lounge area and it was a great way to meet other travellers as you were sat around the log fire. The hotel is modern/contemporary in design, the rooms are really comfortable and with lots of windows to take in the views (depending on when you go). The breakfast was perfect, exactly what we needed to set us up for each day's adventures with lots of choice/variety. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was delicious, it was great to get to sample some local delicacies which were beautifully presented along with exceptional service. We were really well looked after. The other lovely personal touch was the wine in our room as a gift for my partner's birthday - he really appreciated it and it just added that extra special touch to the trip. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Sofia P,

Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely and long review after your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests, and it makes us happy to hear that you are happy with the service we provide and our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the wine, and hope that you had an unforgettable adventure on Svalbard, and that you are itching to come back again.

If you do find yourself in Longyearbyen again, you are always welcome to stay with us.

Best regards,
The staff of Svalbard Hotell | Polfareren.