Arrived in the early hours. Check in was quick, reception staff were lovely and a lovely man walked us to our room...which we were glad of because this hotel is MASSIVE! Late night snacks were put on for us which was a nice touch after a long day.
Room: we were luck enough to have a refurbished room. There was only 2 of us but we were given a family room which consisted of 2 bedrooms one with a double bed and one with 2 singles. Both had flat screen TVs on the wall with plenty of English channels. Main room had a fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, a dvd player and a CD player. Towels, slippers toiletries and robes were provided. Bathroom was lovely with a bath and shower and big vanity unit. Cleaners do an excellent job and and all very friendly. Balcony over looked the mountain and also had a veiw of the sea.
Pools: I lost count of how many pools there were. We mainly chose to use the upstairs pool which is next to a bar and the main restraunt as there seemed to be less kids. There were also a couple of kids pools which had a snack bar and an indoor pool. All were lovely and clean, never struggled to get a sunbed even if we didn't go down until the afternoon. Snack bar was great top serving pizzas ice cream and other various things.
Entertainment: Entertainment was okay, the team work very hard. Various kids entertainment on in day and evening including live bands, quiz, magic show, and musicals (most of which are Mimed) but still all good fun. There's also a crazy golf course, kids play area and arcade area.
In the evenings there are a couple of bars open aswel as a shisha bar in ten main entertainment area which was around 15 euros...Alex who works on the Shisha bar is great and a good laugh.
Food: The food is as you'd expect for buffet, can get quite repetitive after a few days but there's always plenty of fresh bread fruit and veg. The desserts are amazing. Breakfast is without a doubt the best meal of the day. They serve pretty much a full English. As well as fresh pancakes waffles, cereal and fruit...the list could go on. The restraunt staff work very hard and the manager is lovely. The drinks are fine, I found orange or lemon to be the best. The alcoholic drinks are very strong but that's always the same when eating out.
The dreaded hill: it's really not that bad! Unless you're immobile or seriously unfit the hill is more of a gentle incline than a mountain. There is a drinks station half way up and there are animals. Yes their enclosures are quite small but they are very well looked after and have plenty of food and shade. We often bought carrots and apples from the supermarket for them.
Star beach: is okay...the beach isn't much to shout about and it's much like Blackpool but hot. However if you turn right at the bottom of the hotel and follow the road for 5/10 mins there is a lovely much quieter and very picturesque beach...deffo reccomend! There's a nice cafe here overlooking the sea called Alexo's garden.
We also took a walk through the old town which was a flat easy walk, it was nice and full of nice bakeries and cafes but not an awful lot going on. The harbour is lovely and well worth a visit although it's worth getting a taxi back. We took the mini train which was 12 euros each that takes you all around the island. You can hop on and off at various stops it's well worth the money.
All in all of definitely return. The people here are lovely and manners go a long way. You just need to be polite and they're polite back. Brits are the minority here but that wasn't a massive problem!
Also of you're looking for a nice meal out I'd reccomend Yamas...bottom of the hill and turn left. Excellent prices, food and service!
There are alot of steps in the hotel and the resort itself is huge. They do an excellent job! The veiws are amazing and I'd definitely reccomend an afternoon on the Bali beds on the roof terrace...lively2and quiet and the perfect suntrap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a hillside, the Imperial Belvedere Resort Hotel has one of the best locations in Hersonissos, with the beach just a few meters away, and shops, bars and restaurants within easy reach. First off, it's a large Premier Families complex, so it's great for a hotel-based break, especially with its six swimming outdoor pools. Activities, shows and a full entertainment programme add an up-tempo vibe. While the kids' club and mini-disco will keep things buzzing for little ones. The well run Imperial Belvedere Resort Hotel is suitable for families and couples who appreciate a friendly atmosphere in an idyllic location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Imperial Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Belvedere Hotel Chersonisos
- Imperial Belvedere Hersonissos
- Imperial Belvedere Hotel Hersonissos
- Imperial Belvedere Crete, Greece