All reviews onion garlic visiting puri bhajans balcony sea swargadwar beach cleanliness
Reviewed 4 September 2014

They are Wrong info in advertisement for hotel selling but they have no facility there . swimming pool have with out water in it and when we ask …. They are telling we are going to close …, restaurant which they have but that is like a garage. Service not time and not clean cause don’t have info staff what I guss. Most important think they are not allow to drink , smoke , tobacco , its like temple but if there is temple they have to mention in web site and other site also casue gust comes to enjoy . Not every one come to stay at temple and weak up 4 am dance with them and doing hare krsna . but for devotees it’s a great palace have Prasad there no onion no garlic and temple atmospriar.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
18  Thank preetikanti
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had booked 5 nos AC deluxe room through stayzilla.com from 13th to 16th Aug'14. The hotel is at Chakratirtha Road, quiet far from swargadwar area, the heart of puri. this a three storied building. Almost all roooms are sea facing. It's a veg hotel. But you can carry Non veg from outside. There is a GOURIYA MATH in the hotel. Many foreigners are staying here and they are doing Hare Ram Hare Krishna kirtan through out the day. They invited us to join with them in Lunch and dinner. The food basically KHICHURI was too good. There is a swimming pool but is not not maintained.. it's basically useless.. the water of swimming pool is dirth. The rooms are good.. You can enjoy scenic beauty of Sea from room and varanda.. Food are delicious.. Hospitality is good.Room no. 301-306 are best. there is 20 rooms for tourists. U can see an interesting rate chart of laundry behind the door of the rooms. Overall is the pleasant stay with homely atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose Room 301-307.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Rajen_Moitra
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at Sea Palace hotel during Sep 2013. It was a lovely experience. As hotel is situated on beach, so you can feel pleasant wind and can have scenic beauty. Hotel was clean and hygiene was maintained properly. Swimming pool was also there. This hotel is not just a hotel rather its gaudiya matha cum hotel. If you are especially on pilgrimage trip then this hotel is itself an attraction for you. They have a nice worship place on the ground floor with beautiful idols of Lord Jaggannathh ji, Balram ji and Subhadra ji. Matha people do their daily worship, arti and organize spritual lectures. By luck we arrived there on the occasion of Radha Ashthmi and so get a chance to observe the festival.

There were 2 options of having food- from ashram or from hotel restaurant. Hotel restaurant food was average type but the ashram food was very delicious. But in case you need ashram food you have to strict to their timings and you cannot bring that food to your room. Ashram people serve the food in Indian style. It was an excellent experience. Whenever I get a chance to visit Puri, I would love to stay at this hotel again and would suggest others the same.

Room Tip: Choose a room from where you can have beach view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank jigyasak
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This time while visiting Puri, I had one thing in mind that I will not stay in the crowded Swargadwar. As such I asked my auto in the station to take me to Chakratirtha Road, where I heard that the beach is very serene and less crowded. I was taken to this hotel and shown the rooms on 2nd floor. I liked the rooms at once as the rooms were quite spacious, toilets were totally neat & clean, had a lovely personal balcony overlooking the sea and also a big common balcony just in front. Moreover the beach is right in front. I checked in but then discovered that it is a totally veg hotel and it was a bit problem for us being hardcore non veg. Anyways we still tried their food, but believe me, even veg food can be served with much better tastes. The housekeeping service once daily was very good and also the support staffs are very well behaved, though very little knowledgeable about the surrounding. However, my nightmare came on the 3rd night when I had food poisoining (from food outside the hotel) and I was vomiting and suddenly found that the toilet taps are all totally dry. My wife had to call up the reception 6 times at 10.30 in the night after which they started the water pump. The water was available again after around half an hour. Also pricing seemed to be little on the higher side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kaustubh_Das
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We arrived at this hotel after reading about it on this site itself. This hotel is very good, services are very fast and convenient, and the restaurant is purely vegetarian, without onion-garlic, which is very pleasant, feels like home, and there is no intolerable smell of fishes, like in all the other hotels. The biggest plus point is that it's distance from the sea beach is hardly 50 m, and this part of the beach is very less crowded and dirty. It's distance from Swargadwar and railway station is also less, so it's convenient in all ways. Other good features include swimming pool, spacious rooms, hygienic restaurant. We will always come here and advice others to do so.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family