US$127
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$93
US$62
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Radha Cottage(Matheran)
US$56
Girivihar Hotel(Matheran)(Great Value!)
Premdeep Hotel(Matheran)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewstable tennisvalue for moneybadminton courtweekend triptea coffeevegetarian foodswimming poolbasic amenitiespure veghill stationwoodscarrommonkeysmarketgamesdustmidst
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We went to Matheran last weekend and stayed at Woodlands (selected based on the TA reviews). We were quite happy with our stay. The rooms & washrooms were clean and well kept. Lot of playing activities for children. Market is 15mins walk. Food was excellent. Paid Rs 7000/- for 2 rooms for 2 nights (including all meals & BF).
Right place if you just want to relax. The Manager Mr. Unnikrishnan is quite polite and courteous.
I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on floor below the office. if you want total privacy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pshyamkumar
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We found this hotel on Tripadvisor, and I would like to say we did not regret it one bit. It is located in a very serene area, 15 minutes' walk from the main market. If you want a peaceful holiday, stay here. The hotel manager is very helpful and polite. Overall, all the staff are extremely polite. They also stand by at mealtimes to ward off any monkeys that may try to come and bother you while you eat. The meals are vegetarian, and wonderful, to say the least. Lunch is their speciality, with delicious dessert. They do provide non-veg upon request, but the veg food was really good, so we decided to stick with it. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Lots of activities available like badminton, table tennis and carrom, and a nice playground for the kids. They also have a small library at the reception. All in all, a very nice stay at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: We were given a good room with a balcony facing the woods at the rear, which is the best, so make sure you ask for this.
2  Thank Zeekam
Reviewed 9 January 2013

You can go for this hotel if you are looking for the option for relaxation. I was there for two days and two nights. The stay was descent. Facilities could be better. Food is homelike so enjoyed it a lot. Staff is quite helpful in nature. This place is quite far and lonely from market area. So, if you are re-visitng matheran and just want to enjoy the weather, i can recommend you this hotel. Being remote from other locations, better you get back to hotel before sunset. The hotel is on the way to monkey-point.Rooms are fairly cleaned. Bedshits were not that clean. I enjoyed playing carrom out there. I have been on odd days and hence hardly 1-2 other rooms were occupied. I really enjoyed privecy and peaceful nature around this hotel. Overall good value for money. (5.5 K for 2 days )

Room Tip: check for rooms facing towards badminton court.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RohanDeshmukh
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The resort is very well managed, very good staff, great service.I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at WoodLands with my family.The food served was good and tasteful. The resort provides Table Tennis, Badminton and Carrom sports facilities. It has a small library too. The resort is surround by lush green trees and just 1 km away from the Main Bazaar. I would recommend Woodlands for an enjoyable holiday.

2  Thank SPillai777
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Location: This resort is located 1km away from the main market. Because its not located in the middle of the market(like most other resorts) it is peaceful and relaxing. It is surrounded by forest from all the sides.

Positives: The service was amazing. The staff and management was courteous and accommodating. They showed me many rooms and asked me choose whichever I liked. The food(veg) was excellent. It was so good that I overate everyday. They do not make non-veg food but they offered to get it from the market for us. You can consume your own alcohol if you wish, they are hospitable enough to set up a table for you where ever you want. I guess they stock beer but not liquor.

Negatives: There were hardly any noticeable short coming. There was a bit of leakage in the bathroom tank, one of the bed made cranky sound sometimes. Bed sheets / towels were not very clean.

The negatives did not mattered much as I had an amazing experience. Overall the resort is well maintained.

Facilities: They have a badminton court, a TT table, a carom board and many swings.

Remember to keep a candle in the room as electricity goes off sometimes and keep a torch or something if you wish to walk around forest when it gets dark.

I would always stay here whenever I visit Matheran.

Room Tip: Take the cottage or the rooms on 1st floor facing the garden.
3  Thank ManishMan