First off, let me state that I DID NOT stay at The Lodge.
I made reservations well in advance for a long weekend vacation for our anniversary. We travel I-90 often, and saw the signs for Geneva-on-the-Lake. I thought it would be a nice surprise for my girlfriend to book a couple nights, especially since there was a dinner theater happening at The Landing that sounded fun. I couldn't find any hotels that seemed "special enough" until I came across The Lodge. It was extremely pricey for October on Lake Erie, but I figured I'd bite the bullet and surprise her with an extravagant stay.
Then I ran across the reviews on TripAdvisor that said the rooms weren't anything special, and that the service was subpar. I got nervous, because I wanted the weekend to special. I decided to email The Lodge for some assurances that problems were being addressed.
I got a relatively quick response from "Eva", the Front Desk Supervisor. Unfortunately, it wasn't really a response. Eva had intended to forward my email on the Daisy Hall (who is responding to bad reviews on here quite often recently) and simply replied to me instead. I emailed Eva back and told her about the mistake she had made. Unfortunately, that was the last time I heard from The Lodge, so 2 days later I canceled my reservation.
At the prices The Lodge is charging, I expected much more from The Lodge than it appears they are able to offer.
We're going to Baltimore instead and staying in the inner harbor at a Hilton Garden Inn. The package includes admission to the science center, the National Aquarium, the Top of the World Observation Level, Sports Legends at Camden Yards and American Visionary Arts Museum.
And I'm still saving $75 over the cost of my cancelled trip to The Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio's wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from seasonal specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options! With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services; The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20+ wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake's nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park's beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel