1,464 results
All reviews wine shuttle wine tour local wineries state park wine country indoor and outdoor pools horizons restaurant family room fire pit walking trails great weekend breakfast buffet girls weekend the cottages hot tub shuttle service winery
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We didn't even get a chance to stay. After reading the bad reviews on the on line reservations,we decided to call. Bad choice.
it was a last minute discussion to go there. You would have thought they would be happy to fill a 311.00 room that more than likely will set empty now. The rude service over the phone was enough for me to hang up with some Guy named Michael! I would rather stay at the motel six at 69.00 a night. As I told Michael you guys sux.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank wcwraw
Dasiy_TheOneAndOnly, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

wcwraw-

Thank you for posting your comments. I am so sorry to hear that you experience less than perfect service with our call center. We train our staff to exude excellent customer service throughout the entire booking process, no matter the circumstances.

I have alerted the call center of your comment and they are working with their staff to ensure the highest level of service at all times. If you could post back with the date you called in or contact me directly with that info, I would really appreciate the opportunity to work with our call center to review the call and improve the response and level of customer service in that situation.

I would also like to offer my personal service in helping you book a room with us. I am in the office 8:30-4pm every weekday and can be reach by calling The Lodge directly at 440-466-7100 ext. 3118.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to providing you with the customer service you deserve.

Sincerely, Daisy Hall

Reviewed 16 August 2011

It was good for what we wanted: walks by the lake, reading a book from a room balcony with a lake view, a drive to Holden’s Arboretum, and some wine tasting. The room was big and clean; it lacked a few luxury extras, but it was still pretty good. Dining options were limited, but some variety could be found, especially with a little driving. The room price was definitely high, but that’s probably because there are very few non-island lakefront hotels on the entire Ohio-Lake Erie shore.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed the first weekend in August 2011 for 2 nights and three days. It was great! The room was very comfortable, we had 2 queen beds for us and our 2year old and a pack and play for our 16 month old. The pools, spray park, playground and walking path were all the entertainment we needed! However, we did walk downtown both nights and found plenty of family friendly things to do, dinner at Eddy's, ice cream, the arcades, mini golf/carosel at Adventure park, and just enjoying the downtown walk. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. The food at the restaraunts is good, but expensive, so I would recommend a cooler to cut down on food cost so you can have some meals/snacks out of the cooler. I would definitely recommend staying here and enjoying the awesome location, atmosphere and amenities!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Dasiy_TheOneAndOnly, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Rebecca S-

I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful review. We strive to make The Lodge a great getaway for everyone, and often times we hear only the less than positive reviews.

It is utterly inspiring to myself and our staff to hear that your family enjoyed your stay and that you found family friendly activities not only here at The Lodge but also nearby at Adventure Zone and along ‘the strip’.

I will pass your comments on to our restaurant staff about pricing and hope to meet your expectations there as well when you return!

Sincerely Grateful,
Daisy Hall

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away for a few days and I booked 2 different rooms because the same room wasn't available both nights. Well the first room did have a balcony but theres a water spout for kids that made so much noise at the pool it was ridiculous there was no way you could relax and even hardly hear each other talk. Then I got my surprise I was stung by a wasp on the balcony, there was a wasp nest in the corner on the balcony. Luckily it was me because my husband is allergic to wasp and bee bites we would of ended up in an emergency room if he would of been bitten, this time of year I would think someone would check for things like this outside on a balcony. So we were forced to sit inside I had some benedryl and I took it my arm was a little sore but I was ok. We told the front desk clerk and all she said was gee I'm sorry, I thought she should of called the manager. We got back in our room and I called the manager and got his voicemail,I left a message but never received a call back that day or the next which I thought was terrible. So of course the next day we had to change rooms(which I knew we would have to) it was suppose to be another balcony room overlooking the lake. We received a balcony room on the ground floor next to the outdoor restaurant, hardly no view of the lake at all which I was told would be, the sliding glass doors in both rooms we stayed in were filthy someone had even written on the one door clean me in the dirt. The balcony on the ground floor was filthy someone had spilled something sticky all over there were dead leaves and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned or even swept in a long time, it was disgusting especially when you pay almost $500 for a 2 night stay. We were told we would have pillow top mattresses,a flat screen TV and a refrigerator and microwave. We didn't even have one of these things I can't tell you how disappointed we were. I didn't notice that this was a dog friendly lodge and when we went out to the pool there were dogs by the pool, how gross to walk in bare feet and have to worry about dog messes. I like animals but not in a room that I may be in after that animal has left. We had tiny bugs all over our ceiling in the bathroom which I thought were fleas probably from an animal that had stayed in our room, I kept the door closed at all times, and we couldn't believe how low the toliets were they were made for children not adults. This lodge needs some major remodeling and people should not be told they're going to get something in a room and not get anything they were promised. We ate 2 meals at the lodge the breakfast buffet was ok and our 1 evening meal we had was very good. That's about the only thing I could say was ok while we stayed here. I wrote a testimonial on the lodges website but they didn't print it gee I wonder why. But the thing that really disturbed me the most was I didn't get a call from the manager after I was stung by the wasp the first day we were there, after all we were there another day and he had time to respond to my call,I thought we should have been given something off our bill for this happening to me. We won't be staying at this place again. Thank You

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jeannie063

Jeannie063-

Thank you for choosing to visit The Lodge and for leaving your review. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Our rooms do sell out quickly for the summer season and sometimes when booking just one week before your arrival date, it may be difficult to have the same room type available for a multi-night stay. I am sorry you did not enjoy the first room you were in, but glad we could meet some of your requests by providing both rooms with a patio or balcony.

The outdoor splash area near the pool is a great feature that many of our travelers enjoy and is on an automatic shut off so we can conserve water and the guests can choose to turn it on when in use. I will convey your comment about the resonance of the sound from your second floor room to our facilities team for review.

We take the utmost care in cleaning all of our rooms and I have notified the housekeeping manager to work with our staff to take extra care when cleaning the balcony doors. Also we do a regular check for pests and bee/wasp nests, but despite our diligence is surveillance, some nests are inevitably missed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention so promptly.

While we have no control over where wasps choose to build their nest, as soon as we were notified of the nest our maintenance team responded quickly to remove the nest and restore your safety. Also, our manager did receive your voicemail and was informed that the situation had been resolved by the front desk with an apology and quick action by the maintenance team.

I also received your e-mail from our website last week and spoke to the front desk manager who promptly refunded the entire $246.29 for that night’s stay at that time. I am happy he was able to make that gesture to appease your discomfort from the wasp sting and your less than perfect stay.

The flat screen TV’s, pillow-top mattresses and fridge/microwaves are all part of the room upgrades and are included in the two rooms suites, however your stay was in a premium room both nights. I am not sure how that information was mixed, but I apologize for the mis-communication.

We are a pet friendly facility, with 9 designated pet rooms on the first floor on the east side of the resort. Neither of the rooms you stayed in were pet friendly, as we reserve these rooms for guests with pets. Also, pets are not allowed at the pools and had we been informed, they would have been asked to leave that area immediately.

We do have staff to enforce where pets are allowed/ not allowed for the comfort of all guests; however I apologize we missed this instance. We are working with the facilities team to have more signage created and posted with the pet policy as well as dress code throughout The Lodge.

Again, I hope the refund that you received last week served as somewhat of a reprieve for your experience. We look forward to you visiting again so that we may have the chance to provide you with the quality of service we pride ourselves on and that every guest deserves. Thank you for considering giving us a second chance.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

It's not fancy, and it's not sophisticated, but it's fairly clean and beautifully appointed. The bed and breakfast package is woth it, and the pool and spray park are nice. Best of all, we liked it that you could eat all of your meals outdoors. The food quality varied tremendously and from day to day. The best was some lovely chicken marsala, the worst was a frozen hockey-puck patty of "Ohio beef" I got for my son-- for the price, they need to make fresh hamburgers. Everyone (except for one younger man at the desk) was very very nice. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends