See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I had thought to stay only 2 nights in Kullu, but extended it day by day - up to 12 days! I liked the room, the situation in town and especially one of the best staffs I have had ever! First 2 dinners I had in a nearby restaurant, where I could have beer, too. In the town there are only 2 restaurants serving beer! But then Vikram told me, that they can buy for me beer from a shop! After that I had every evening very good dinner – cooked by Vikram. There I had also some people to talk with! After the restaurant was closed in the evening, we usually spent 1-2 hours on terrace talking together – Vikram, Vitali and me.

Just think about the price you pay, don’t wait 5 star hotel amenities from a cheap hotel! But nice staff you cannot get with money! Maria from Finland

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MariaFin476
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This place is disgusting. It was only 700 rupees for the night, but it was worth about 200. The carpet looked like it was 20 years old & never been vacuumed. The sheets & covers were supposed to be white, but they had a dingy grey to them. The bathroom....so gross it was unspeakable. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. But do yourself a favor...drive up to Manali and find better accommodations there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank lezihe
vikramshaman, Owner at Hotel Vikrant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

hi , there is no entry in the hotel register by that name on the said date , inspite of that if you insist you stayed here did you talk to the manager that you are not satisfied with your room and he could have given you a different room , our institution gets a check up from the authorities every month , but if we were a cause of trouble for you , you mail me the bill receipt and i will refund your bill in full , but in reality you should get your facts straight and refrain from writing false reveiws under somebodys influence thanks vikram

Reviewed 17 September 2010

We were on a visit to Rohtang pass. So initially we enquired our taxi driver about the hotels at kullu and he suggested us Hotel Vikrant. Like wise this hotel is situated in the interior of kullu more than on the highway. So by seeing the ambience of the hotel from outside i thought it would just serve the needs just to get refresh but when we have taken the rooms, the lookup of the rooms was very gud and the staff were also friendly. If one is looking for a budget hotel who want to visit manali and ROhtang pass then i would suggest Hotel Vikrant as the cost of hotels at manali are some what high (at peak season). There is phone booking service of rooms for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family