“Don't trust the shuttle”

SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gahanna
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights here. The pluses were the people and the rooms were ample. The included breakfast was skimpy and our room was not cleaned even once. It took close to an hour to reach the hotel using the shuttle which was delayed and then diverted to Net Jets for a passenger who stayed in the Marriott property next door. Pick somewhere closer to the airport if that is important to you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim W
Bern B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Jim,

I am very sorry our shuttle took so long to get you. I will be speaking to the shuttle driver to find out why he or she couldn't pick you up at the same time as the NetJets passenger / crew. Our airport pickups always have priority, and it is inexcusable for us to have been there at the airport, and not collected you as well as others.

As for the property nextdoor, our shuttle operates for both the SpringHill and TownePlace Suites, so guests from both hotels use the same shuttle.

I will also be looking into the housekeeping issues you reported, to find out why your room was not serviced. I do apologize for that as well. If you could please reach out to the hotel and ask for me, Bern, I like to speak to you to find out what we can do to make amends for these inconveniences.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

For the price I paid, I wasn't impressed. Customer service was great but the room itself needs a really good cleaning. The sofa bed had a lot of dust and dirt on it (looks like it hasn't been used in a long time) and for a suite, it was pretty tiny. Breakfast was average but not anything memorable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Bern B, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

I am very sorry you had a poor experience with your room. We always try to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort. I will make it a point to discuss with our housekeepers the issues you encountered, to guide them toward correcting the dustiness.

I am, however, glad the customer service was good enough to mention. I take pride in the staff meeting and exceeding guest expectations.

I do hope you'll come back to give us another chance, and if you do, please stop by the desk, and ask for me, Bern, so I can make sure everything during your stay is perfect.

Bern B.
Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was a well-kept hotel with extremely friendly staff members. The room was inviting and spacious, and the breakfast was fabulous. Our group had people of all ages, and we all agreed that we would return if given the chance.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Did an overnight stay before catching a plane next day from Columbus. Property is located within business center area. Check-in was quick and easy.

Room was adequate, but needs to be refreshed soon. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent.

Probably would recommend for overnight stays.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank fjaguado
Kelley F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon when your travels bring you back to Gahanna.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Very good people working at this place, from the desk to the cleaning personnel. a few notes, however: hallway carpets need to be shampooed & the bathroom(s) need some improvements, at least mine did. There is a severe lack of towels when the place is at capacity. Hotel next door is the "construction worker stay for weeks" type of place with utility vehicles and the like parked in the lot. This place isn't at that level, but has potential to slip that direction. The breakfast is excellent and the lobby area is clean, spacious and comfortable - the pool is warm and clean and there's a grille they generously allow guests to use. Overall - it's decent. Cannot figure out why they would paint their curbs black or make us watch CNN during breakfast , when there's non-retraction-news-networks available... that alone would send me somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kelley F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and the accommodations met your needs. CNN at breakfast is a brand standard for us, but we are always happy to change the channel if anyone should ask. I can answer your question about the black curbs... they were a horrible bright yellow a few years ago. When it was time to repaint, we decided to get rid of all of the yellow - it was everywhere and not necessary.
I have shared your comments with our team for both the positive notes and to assist us in continues improvement.
Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Gahanna - we will be sure to change the station during breakfast. :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gahanna
0.2 km away
3.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
2.7 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!