“Don't drive too far to eat at this place”

Door 142 Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 December 2016

My wife and I went here for the first time on a Tuesday night, as they are closed on Sundays and Mondays. There were only eight people in the place; two at the bar and a party of six dining. When entering, we were stared at by the diners, and were subjected to their stares all the while we were there. It was a typical small town experience, as we have endured this type of crap from people before. (we are ordinary folks, not tattooed, pierced, weird hair, weird clothing, or other). Granted, this is not the fault of the establishment, nor the owners, but we were glad we lived locally and did not drive a long distance for this place, as the overall experience was humdrum.

The food was ordered quickly, and served fast and to our liking. I had broiled sirloin with mushroom, my wife had the salad. Prices were average to a bit high, but we expected that from talking to people who had eaten there.

I would say that we will probably not go back because we just were not "wowed" by the experience, and were put off by the local yokels with their non-stop staring. There is also nothing else to do at all in town, so Typical Fredericktown experience. This is why I say not worth driving a far distance to get to. It is nice to see someone try to better the community by investing in a sit-down restaurant, but I think this place is slightly over priced for the overall experience. (not for the food, which is good)

Date of visit: December 2016
Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

The service is very poor. They don't greet you at the door and you might stand in the entry for quite some time. The food is average and over priced.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 21 October 2016

My wife and I eat there at least once a week is very good pricing is good it is very family friendly

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Local and experienced owners. Bar is a bit small but welcoming. Food is always good...especially the Lanning's steaks.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The food was excellent! Very fancy and professional looking food. The snow stopper drink I think it was called (alcoholic) was so good! Cute decor!!!

Date of visit: September 2016