“Friday night dinner with the grandkids”
Review of Ray's Place

Ray's Place
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Fairlawn
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I ordered the Club Sandwich for the first time; fandamntastic!! the pic I added is the same sandwich as depicted on Trip Advisor.....if the Club Sandwich you have had recently from another burger and beer joint doesn't look like this.....you are at the wrong joint! my lovely spouse had the Cuban, she loved it! it also was very big......the Grandkids loved their orders also, to be honest, you could throw roadkill on the table and if they were hungry it would disappear!!!! like a bunch of 1/2 wild wolves, they are......back to the review: Ray's Beer selection is one of the best in and around the Fairlawn-Akron area. I had a new selection, the bourbon barrel aged lager....Great!!!! Anyway, Ray's is a great joint!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton across the street and walked there for pre-dinner drinks. >50 beers on tap and excellent appetizers!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Another nice find near Akron. Great service, good food. Wings were huge and meaty and perfectly cooked. My husbands burger was good too. No issues at all.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We picked the quite side of the restaurant, the bar was loud. Had the best corned beef; my wife had an excellent shrimp and scallop salad. Beer and wine were good.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

The food overall was decent. Some things were above average, some below, at least for my tastes. Their basket of jerk fries is huge, but then it should be for $6.25. I should point out they are pretty spicy. I got a chicken parm sandwich. The chicken was well cooked, but the pasta sauce was exceedingly sweet. IF you like a sweet tomato sauce on your spaghetti, you'll like theirs. If not, you might be disappointed. The French onion soup was a pretty standard fare. The two other people in our group had the chicken gyro and a turkey burger, both of which they liked.
This is a place that my daughter really likes in the area, but that might have something to do with the different varieties of beer they serve. Since I'm not a beer drinker, that meant nothing to me.
One thing I should point out is that when you order a sandwich, that's all you get. No chips, no fries, which makes the sandwich alone price higher than it should be.