“Good food, but my wife's vegetarian burrito had a piece of chicken”
Review of Amigos Restaurant

Amigos Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 241 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We saw this place in a local ad, so decided to try. It's only 20 minutes or so from Galloway, which is not bad at all. It's tucked in a shopping plaza, so unless you are paying attention, you might miss it. We were seated right away, and a mariachi band was already entertaining customers. We ordered a chicken fajita and a vegetable burrito. My chicken fajita came out fast and sizzling hot. They give you lots of food! My wife's vegetable burrito was humongous! Since she is a vegetarian, she was not happy when she saw a piece of chicken mixed in with her meal. She also thought that her burrito had lots of broccoli, but not other veggies. My fajita came with lots of veggies and chicken. I liked my food. The mariachi band was rotating around the place. At one time, they were in front of us, but the horn was blowing right by my wife's ears (from behind her seat), so it was a bit loud. Anyhow, it was a good experience for me, but maybe not my wife.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I had a very tasty steak and bacon burrito that rivaled the size of Chipotle's burritos and didn't cost much more. My husband and best friend really enjoyed the frozen margaritas and ordered a pitcher and a half. We'll be back!

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Place in bigger than I expected but still gets busy on normal high volume nights. Or did and drinks have been excellent both times we've been there. My 21 year old calls the original margarita "live changing." Would love it if they get Dos Equis Amber on draft. Been there twice and out server Julio was great!!! It has definitely become a go to for us when we're craving Mexican.

Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Hidden among the usual spots along Perimeter, close to BW3, Five Guys and Jimmy Johns. Amigos provides a very good alternative to the typically very busy alternatives in Northwest Dublin. Similarly authentic Mexican cuisine, the staff was very welcoming and attentive. Salsa, chips and drinks served within minutes with our food served hot no long after. We enjoyed shrimp fajitas and a few different burrito dishes - all very good. Portions were large with a nice variety of fresh vegetables you would expect. Atmosphere was good enough for a neighborhood establishment. Overall, our family really enjoyed our experience and will be back for sure.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

This was our second visit to Amigo's. Our first visit was quite pleasant - good food and service. That was on a weeknight and the restaurant was not crowded. This second visit occurred on a Friday night when the restaurant was considerably busier so that may be where the problem exists for this relatively new establishment.

Upon arriving we were seated immediately. Drink orders were taken and chips and salsa delivered. This is where I say their house margarita is exceptional. We have had it before and it worth ordering ($10).

Next was a prompt order of our food and delivery of our guacamole appetizer ($4). Dinner delivery was paced nicely. Enchiladas Mexicanas ($9) was fairly basic and the California Burro ($10) was HUGE with flavorful chicken. The temp served was a bit cool as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp while our fajitas were being made.

The steak fajitas ($14) were ok but nothing special. I added chorizo ($1.50) for flavor but the kitchen did not add it to my meal - the server did have it on my check when it came time to pay. The 3 tortillas that came with the fajitas were dry and brittle and really you need 5 for the balance of food served. The rice on the main plate was a bit oily, dry and felt like it had been sitting under a warmer for awhile.

The real issue here is that our server never came back - not once - to see how are meal was. Thus, I could not ask for new/more tortillas or make him aware of the missing chorizo. Also our glasses were empty for 3/4 of the time that we were eating. We would have ordered another round of margaritas.

Finally, we waited 15 minutes for a check and another 10 minutes for the final receipt to arrive. Unfortunately, this meant a 10% tip when I typically will tip superior service at the 25% range.

Not sure I am willing to try again. The hostess did not say goodnight or ask how everything was (probably she could see disappointment on our faces). The only reason I am giving 3 stars is our first visit was 4 stars and this one was a 2.