“Just changed names”

Azteca
Ranked #124 of 242 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 March 2016

Azteca just changed names, but I believe that the menu is still the same. It's a very long menu. Honestly, it's too many choices. The food is good and you get plenty of it. The service is okay. The bathroom is right as you walk in and you smell the disinfectant which is kind of a turn off, but at least you know it's clean.

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant - so glad they did! After a long day of travel we were ready for a good meal and friendly people - found it at Azteca! Food was plentiful, fresh and delicious! The food as well as the margaritas HIT THE SPOT! The service was quick and efficient as well as friendly. This would be our go to restaurant if we lived in the area. I was impressed that they processed our credit card right at the table comforting to not see our credit card walk away.

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

The portions are huge and the food is always great. Great service! Friendly staff. If you get the fajita for two its huge. And the price is great also.

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Quantity good, quality low and the food did not have much flavor. This is not a place I would try twice. The service matched the low quality of the food.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Officially this restaurant is listed as being in Dublin which it is near, but it actually in the Columbus post office district by its zip code. Also although it says "Azteca Grill" on the sign, their registered name is "El Azteca Mexican Grill" as it states on their webpage www.elaztecacolumbus.com. Regardless, it is on 5925 Sawmill Road South of I-270 and not too hard to find.
On a recent business trip to Columbus, Ohio, I was on Sawmill when I saw a little building with the sign "Azteca Grill" over their door. There is a small parking lot and it was lunch time but there were only about 3 cars there (there is also parking in the back). I wondered it this restaurant was related to the Azteca Mexican Grill (see my review) in Powell, Ohio. I decided to give them a try for lunch. Stepping in I found the place to be reasonable clean and very colorfully decorated. Remembering the fantastic margaritas I had in Powell, I ordered one. No were near as strong and scrumptious (but cheaper). There were the free tortilla chips and salsa but neither were as good as those in Powell. Now my waitress was Mexican and very friendly and told me that if I had ordered on-line before I came in, it was a 10% off (the 1st time). She also told me that their official name (from their web page) was "El Azteca Mexican Grill" and that a lot of their business was delivery from on-line orders. Mexican food by delivery must have been what made their business. Ordering on-line, you can have it delivered or you can pick it up and they will deliver on orders placed before 10 PM on Friday and Saturday (9:30 PM the rest of the week). As their salsa was just average, I ordered a small Guacamole side dish ($3.50) and this helped. As the tortilla chips were free, I ordered some (8) Jalapeno Poppers to go with my Guacamole. The poppers were average with no special flavor but only $5 and came out quickly. My waitress was quick to ask me if I wanted another margarita but I switched to bottled Mexican beer. For my lunch, I ordered their Chimichanga ($8.50) which comes with either shredded beef or chicken and I selected chicken. They stuff a tortilla with the chicken and a sauce, topped it with cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream and it comes with a large portion of rice and beans. Again, this order came out amazingly fast, which made me just a little suspicious that perhaps it was not so much hand made as I would have liked. Although the food was hot and on a hot plate, it was nothing special and again with no special flavor. My waitress was again quick to ask if I wanted a dessert, but they only had flan (baked custard with caramelized sugar), cheesecake (probably from a frozen box), and Churros (fried-dough pastry coated with sugar). So I declined. When I got my bill it was quite low - even with a margarita and two bottled beers. I would say this place is better than a heat-lamp hamburger, but it certainly was not the very best Mexican food you could find in Columbus. It would be great if you had young children to feed who loved simple Mexican food because they are fast and sort of bland, but it is not for the adult expert of Mexican food looking for an experience.

3  Thank thomasmcsweeney2014

Been to Azteca? Share your experiences!