See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2017

The room we had is showing its age, but that was made up for by the wonderful staff. They could not do enough for us. The room was comfortable and had what we needed - coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. (It had a TV, but we never turned it on.) Good wifi in the room. It's just a few minutes from Magee Marsh.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Great location just out of town and close to marina. Rooms were clean but had that old run down feeling. Staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. Website needs to be updated as there isn't any bar or lounge. As far as fishermen go, the lodge is probably fine and the price is good but wouldn't want to stay there for any extended time. They only had one grill and it was next to the garbage dumpster.

Room Tip: No rooms that I could see would have an advantage over another.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 6 June 2015

I was there just overnight. Once I turned off the clattering heat/cooling window unit, it was blissfully quiet. The hotel is off the main road and adjacent to farm fields. The staff people were friendly. The down side was the odor. The haze of smoke in the office should have clued me. I had an upper story no-smoking room surrounded by others, yet it smelled of paint and old cigarettes. The shower was broken but the owner gave me 20% off the room, which was fair.

If they put resources into refurbishing the rooms, and eliminated all smoking I think they could raise their prices and still be more popular. The location is great; it's near Lake Erie, east of Toledo OH. The area is known for seasonal fishing, hunting, and birdwatching at nearby reserves.

Room Tip: Stay here only if you don't mind the smell of cigarettes.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

We came for the 'birding' We wanted to go to all the #1 hot spots for birding... but most all of the motel/hotel accomodations were anywhere from 48 to 55 minutes away. We typed the word 'Inns' (instead of motel/hotel) Google Maps located our location and then 'red dotted' the accomodations around us. That's when we found Lake Erie Lodge Curtice, Ohio. 7 to 10 min away from Metzger Marsh.
I not all that savvy with using Orbitz.. Priceline.. and booking.com.. so I called to see if there was a vacancy and was surprised that the cost was affordable.. The room was clean.. "quiet" no noise from other occupants.. mini fridge and microwave.. free WiFi.. we just wanted a place to sleep.. so we could spend all of next day "birding" at all of Ohio's top spot areas. I wanted to comment..that we have stayed at 'other' motel/hotel places that we were not happy with.. this place Lake Erie Lodge in Curtice is in a ruraal area.. quiet setting.. and the staff is friendly ... open 24 hours if you need a place at the last minute ... free WiFi is fast .. that is an added plus.. We are satisfied with our choice to stay here...

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are planning to be in downtown Toledo ohio, lake erie lodge is the place to stay.20 minutes from fifth third baseball field. Rooms are clean. Freshly painted.the lodge is currently under renovation. With the revitalization of downtown Toledo- and all the chain hotel/motels- the lake erie lodge is my choice. You are in a country/rural area 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: July 2014