See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2015

I was there just overnight. Once I turned off the clattering heat/cooling window unit, it was blissfully quiet. The hotel is off the main road and adjacent to farm fields. The staff people were friendly. The down side was the odor. The haze of smoke in the office should have clued me. I had an upper story no-smoking room surrounded by others, yet it smelled of paint and old cigarettes. The shower was broken but the owner gave me 20% off the room, which was fair.

If they put resources into refurbishing the rooms, and eliminated all smoking I think they could raise their prices and still be more popular. The location is great; it's near Lake Erie, east of Toledo OH. The area is known for seasonal fishing, hunting, and birdwatching at nearby reserves.

Room tip: Stay here only if you don't mind the smell of cigarettes.
Date of stay: May 2015
2  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 16 May 2015 via mobile

We came for the 'birding' We wanted to go to all the #1 hot spots for birding... but most all of the motel/hotel accomodations were anywhere from 48 to 55 minutes away. We typed the word 'Inns' (instead of motel/hotel) Google Maps located our location and then 'red dotted' the accomodations around us. That's when we found Lake Erie Lodge Curtice, Ohio. 7 to 10 min away from Metzger Marsh.
I not all that savvy with using Orbitz.. Priceline.. and booking.com.. so I called to see if there was a vacancy and was surprised that the cost was affordable.. The room was clean.. "quiet" no noise from other occupants.. mini fridge and microwave.. free WiFi.. we just wanted a place to sleep.. so we could spend all of next day "birding" at all of Ohio's top spot areas. I wanted to comment..that we have stayed at 'other' motel/hotel places that we were not happy with.. this place Lake Erie Lodge in Curtice is in a ruraal area.. quiet setting.. and the staff is friendly ... open 24 hours if you need a place at the last minute ... free WiFi is fast .. that is an added plus.. We are satisfied with our choice to stay here...

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you are planning to be in downtown Toledo ohio, lake erie lodge is the place to stay.20 minutes from fifth third baseball field. Rooms are clean. Freshly painted.the lodge is currently under renovation. With the revitalization of downtown Toledo- and all the chain hotel/motels- the lake erie lodge is my choice. You are in a country/rural area 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle.

Date of stay: July 2014
3  Thank deb14311
Reviewed 25 August 2012

The hotel is in need of major update. don't think it will happen any time soon. Rooms are some what clean. The rooms are occupied by fisherman and contractors working in near by refineries.One advantage is that there is some room to park a boat being towed. The price is reasonable for what you get.

Room tip: If you are looking for something elegant, then this place is not for you.
Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Lake Erie Lodge claims to cater mostly to the Walleye fishing community, though the motel does meet the theme of generally generic motel the rooms are very basic, though the carpet looked clean enough to walk barefoot, I felt more confortable in sandels. I quickly realized there are no hanging closets, thus- I guess that's why it's themed to fisherman. I did appreciate the room didn't have any noticeable smoke smell, usually low budget apartment/hotels/motels generally do. Okay the other thing is the water smell, I really couldn't place the smell though I would describe it as a very punget smell, I didn't feel clean even after showering. Other odd's and end's. There was a nice workable refrig. and Flatscreen TV, and they did provide soap, coffee mix, etc. Now to the real kicker. I really didn't ask the price of hotel upon reserving the room, i was predicting about 39 to 45 dollars, which is generally what I'm use to paying for this type of effeciency hotel, but when I was presented the Receipt of 69.99(One King Bed)
I almost fell off my Rocking Horse, though I didn't complain, I did remember to ask the receptionist if they honor AAA and without hesitation she said... NO!!! Next year when I go back to the same area, I will look more at staying closer to Toledo at a Red Roof or equal that way you are assured what your getting.

Date of stay: June 2012