“La Authentica”

La Mesa
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Having frequented this quaint family-run restaurant many times, we have been able to try many items on the over-extensive menu. Please keep in mind that many, if not all of the items are made fresh daily, so the guacamole or tortilla soup can vary from time to time. Don't mistake this for items not tasting good, but more so if you do stay within a routine of eating the same items, you will never get bored here. The combination platters are always filling as well as Carlos will make combinations to order as well as we have ordered breakfast for dinner every so often (fantastic huevos rancheros). The margarita's are top notch nor watered down as well as certain days they are on special (Monday BOGO for instance). The weekends seem to be busier that the rest of the week, so steer towards those days when first trying it out as the family is very helpful and friendly.

1  Thank ChaseyK

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My husband and I had heard great things about this restaurant. However, it is sadly tired and needs a remodel in both decor and food. Most of the booth seats were ripped and taped. I got fajitas which were cooked well but under seasoned. Was accompanied by refried beans so loose you could drink them and dry rice. Not horrible but not close to our house so not worth and return trip for us. Service was quick and friendly. We were there on a Thursday night at peak dinner hour and were the only ones there.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We dropped in and ordered to go...Service was friendly and did not have to wait very long. Restaurant is convenient and seemed clean from where we were. Food was good.

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I happened to eat here one time and realized what a hidden gem it is! The owner is so friendly and funny, and has actually made me food to order. One time I came in for a side of guac and he made it himself! Food is awesome. So delicious. My family was on a kick and ordered it every few weeks for awhile.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Carlos and family provide an excellent selection of Mexican fare as well as being very welcoming and accommodating. Homemade guacamole and salsa are the best I have had in the area. Margaritas are awesome! A great deal and local as well!