Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$139
Agoda.comUS$119
PricelineUS$119
Expedia.comUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
getaroom.comUS$1,933
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Before booking make sure you understand that this is not a typical Westin. It is from years ago and is a historic site, limiting what they can do. However they have not even tried to keep the hotel modern. Bathrooms have no fan, so shower once and it stays damp. Walls are paper thin, I could hear the woman next door talking on the phone. Parking is very expensive, but the Valet is good. Rooms are clean just out of date even for the boundaries that they have. If you like an old time feel, decent hotel. If you like a normal Westin or Marriott not for you

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aaron H, Director of Operations at The Westin Great Southern Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dave, thanks for providing this feedback from your stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy a clean room and that our valet team was able to take care of you! As you mentioned, we are an historic property built in 1897. We are completely unlike any other Westin hotel and I apologize for that expectation not being set prior to your arrival. I hope that in your future travels we may be able to serve you again.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel is very historic and well kept! Love the history and everything else about it. My room was relatively small, but was good enough for me! The reason for the 3 star is because the parking. I know it’s downtown Columbus, but it was such a hassle having to spend 30 bucks a night for parking. Costed 60 bucks to park for just to stay for 35 hours.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Aaron H, Director of Operations at The Westin Great Southern Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Martin_Gale466,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our historic hotel. We just recently celebrated our 122nd birthday and we are very proud of our hotel. I do apologize that the parking fee was a surprise. We will work on making that information more prominent during the booking process.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 26 January 2020

I have stayed here several times over the years and it never disappoints me. I am a Titanium Rewards member and the front desk was super. Raichelle listed all my options as a member. She provided my upgrade and my complimentary gift. She was wonderful.Our room was wonderful, it was a suite. We used valet for our car. They were very fast as our car was always waiting for us by the time we got to the door as we would call from our room. This is an older Hotel but it has a lot of character.
This is our go to Hotel when we visit Columbus.

1  Thank johntO3966SI
Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

Spending 150+ nights on the road a year it’s nice to stay in something different. My room on 6th floor wasn’t overly huge. It was quaint. The bathroom had a nice rain shower head in it with quick hot water. TV was right there on the wall at foot of bed and not in some odd location. I appreciated all that the amenities offered.

I do wish one thing though, might seem a little contradictory, but some hotels have fresh fruit out for your enjoyment. That’s a great snack.
And also, I wish they had drink machines on the upper floors to grab that morning caffeine.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank blasecfi72
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

The hotel is NOT like a normal Westin! We had a shoe box room. No thank you for being gold at check in, no complimentary upgrade. Asked for top floor, corner room. Received a low level room right next to the elevator. Woke up all night as people were so loud and walls are paper thin. The design is nice and love older hotels but this one is not done right. We barely had room to move around the bed in our room! And $30 parking in Columbus? We have stayed in bigger rooms for less in NYC. Will never stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Aaron H, Director of Operations at The Westin Great Southern Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. Our hotel is 122 years old and like you said, not like a normal Westin - many of our guestrooms are smaller than other modern hotels. I apologize that your room did not meet your expectations and we will work with our team to ensure that our Elite members receive our best available rooms.