All reviews front desk premium room ohio state hardwood floors room was clean schottenstein center walking distance non smoking parking lot pam osu motel kroger campus buckeye carpet refrigerator
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Everyone that helped us was very informative and friendly. The manager Francis got us booked out with ease. The room was way nicer than any of us expected, everything working, and much cheaper than I'm used to in California. Kill em.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent trip to the Red Roof Plus at OSU. We are delighted to know that you received excellent customer service and that checking-out was with ease. Yes, our rooms are all updated with modern amenities and are affordable. Thanks again for staying here at the Red Roof Plus and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Columbus.

Best whishes,

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We booked a three-day stay here and left within 12 hours.

Our hotel room did not have a working exhaust fan, lights were not all operating, and the shower tub had stains around it. We had driven 8 hours to get there and it was after midnight when we arrived. We had to take sanitize wipes and wipe the room down. Had it not been so late and being so tired we would have left immediately. The room looked ragged and after being kept awake with the loud noise and commotion of people running up and down the outside hallway all night we left before noon.

Red Roof said that this hotel was a "Plus" hotel - I give it a big "MINUS". I was there for both business and pleasure and was extremely disappointed in all aspects of this hotel, from check-in to check-out. The staff really did not seem to care about anything, let alone the experience or comfort of their guests. When we told them what we experienced they acted as if that was normal. I walked by rooms at 1:30 am after checking in and it looked like they were ransacked. There were lights on and no one around but doors wide open.

They advertise this hotel as Non-Smoking, yet we could smell smoke coming in through the air conditioning unit as people on the balcony were smoking and talking. In the morning, people were literally sitting on chairs on the sidewalk leading to the front desk smoking. I had to walk in the parking lot just to get around them. On top of all that one of the employees was standing there smoking and talking with them!

Don't be fooled by the Red Roof "Plus" designation this hotel advertises. It is a big disappointment to the Red Roof Inn image and I let corporate know this. This has to be the joke of Olentangy River Road hotels.

If you are Ohio State Alumni coming to a game at the Horseshoe this is a close hotel but there are other alternatives just two blocks away and much better - we know, we stayed there. Yes, we ended up paying $25 more a night but it was worth every penny for peace and comfort.

On Saturday as we were headed to the OSU vs Army game, in the shuttle our new hotel provided for guests, we noticed that 75% of Red Roof's lot was empty right before game time. All the other hotels were packed and full of cars. Please don't make the same mistake we made, instead, go up the street and have a wonderful experience at another name brand hotel. You will be happy you did.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Rustybuddy
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I gave this hotel a 2.5. Based on all the hotels where I have stayed in past years. It was an average hotel. Please note, I only give 4 or 5 stars to luxurious hotels, immaculately clean with excellent service.

PROS:
Pam at the front desk is amazing!
Towels are clean and sheets are clean
LOTS of plugs
Microwave and Fridge
Quiet
Walking distance to food and close to OSU

CONS:
No frills
Rooms are a bit worn
Hotel accepts pets so we had to change the first room as it smelled doggy.
Despite being a non-smoking room- some parts of the hotel still smelled smoky.
The room could use a deep cleaning. The nooks and crannies could have used some closer attention.
Common areas and elevator are worn and could use cleaning.
Access to the rooms is only via the outside.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times, beginning when my daughter first started at Ohio State three years ago. The staff have always been good stewards of the friendly and helpful ways I have discovered each time I visit Ohio.
e.g. Pam has been at the front desk each time I stay there and I'm always delighted to see her again, as she is especially helpful with anything I may need.
Ryan, also a star at the front desk, deserves recognition as well.
The rooms have handy amenities, are clean and comfortable, and the location is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Red Roof Plus at OSU. We truly appreciate you staying here for the past 3 years since your daughter started school OSU. It is delighted to know that the staff has always been a good steward, helpful and friendly each time you stayed here. Pam and Ryan has always been great part of our team and I will share your very kind comments with them. Our location is usually well suited for people visiting the OSU campus, their hospitals and is very convenient to the nearby freeways and the many restaurants in the area . We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to visit your daughter.

Best,

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and updated. The rooms are spacious. The hotel staff, especially Pam are very courteous and professional. I enjoyed my stay. This is a great place to stay if you are traveling for business or fun.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thanks you for reviewing of your stay here at the Red Roof Plus at OSU. It's always great to see positive review such as yours. I will share your comments with Pam and the rest of the team. please come back and stay with us again on your next trip to the Columbus area.