US$171
US$187
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn North Polaris(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
ComfortInn
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$102
US$94
US$91
Red Roof Inn Columbus West(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$231
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskohio statepremium roomroom was cleanhardwood floorsschottenstein centerwalking distancestay there againnon smokingparking lotpamosumotelkrogercampusbuckeyecarpet
Reviewed 26 October 2016

For an overnight before joining up with family it had everything we needed. They took good care of the cellphone I left on the nightstand, calling my home phone and had it wrapped up for me when I returned that afternoon. I will probably be back next time I visit my daughter, a student at Ohio State.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet M
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

We are pleased that our accommodations here at the red roof plus OSU was comfortable and convenient for you. it was our pleasure taking care of your phone and we were happy to reach you before you could leave the area so you could return and get your phone. On your next trip to OSU to visit your daughter, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Best,
Fc

Reviewed 26 October 2016

As reflected by the price, the hotel is extremely no-frills. You pay for the room and that's all you get. The basic room has no extra amenities at all, and you can upgrade to get hair dryer, coffeemaker, fridge, etc. I was there for 5 nights and the room got a little dirty, but housekeeping only did the smallest tasks to clean it (emptied garbage, new towels) even though I requested "full service" a few times, which is supposed to happen every 3 days anyway (for that they change the sheets, and I think clean floors and such). That being said, the rooms themselves have recently been redone and mine was very nice. It's also in a good location if you want to go to the OSU campus, which is easily walkable, although there wasn't much right around the hotel. Free Wi-Fi, and Hazel at the front desk was very nice.

Though there is no smoking in the rooms, it's a motel, so people were smoking right outside the rooms. The smell got pretty strong in my room at times.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing your experiences here at the red roof plus at OSU. and for sharing your concerns as worked to get then corrected. All our rooms comes equipped with a hair dryer coffee and coffee maker iron and ironing board and most have micro fridges. On your next visit you can choose from our Premium or superior rooms which gives you much more space, especially for longer term stays. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back and to ensure that you had a great stay on your next trip.

Fc

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Stayed here while heading home from a week long trip. Check-in was easy, located close to Ohio State Univ. and Buckeye Stadium. Room was small but clean, good Wi-Fi, small business desk. Our room was on the top floor on the end. We did here some traffic during the night and also heard people leaving or coming in sometime during the middle of the night. Rates were good and would not hesitate to stay here again. Close to restaurants and the Buckeye Store was right next door.

Room Tip: Don't think any particular room is better than another. Walkway to room is outdoor so any noise outside is heard in all areas.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016

I booked a room here at the last minute so I could attend a nearby technology conference. I'm used to staying at the Columbus Convention Center hotels, so I was a little apprehensive about "stepping down" to a Red Roof.

My concerns were basically unwarranted. As others have noted, the room was freshly renovated, and I really like the decor. It had just enough space that I didn't feel cramped, and the complex was very quiet.

There were a couple of issues that were really of no consequence to me:

- The microwave was broken. It was displaying some sort of error code.
- The safe wasn't unlocked, so I couldn't use it.

I didn't bother reporting these until I checked out because they were such a low priority during my visit. The woman at the desk seemed very concerned and assured me that these would be taken care of - and *could* have been taken care of if I'd brought them up.

In all, I'd say it was an excellent visit. I sometimes find it difficult to draw the line between what I do and don't need in a hotel, and I think the Red Roof Plus+ model is pretty close to ideal.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time a give us this great review from your stay here at the Red Roof Plus at OSU. We are delighted that you had an excellent stay and that all the amenities you needed was offered in your room. We've since taken care of the issues that you expressed with the front desk and want to thank you for bringing them to our attention so we could get them corrected for our next guest. we truly appreciate all the kind words and would love to have you stay with us again on your next trip to the Columbus area.

Warm Regards,
FC

Reviewed 6 October 2016

The rooms had been upgraded. The site has a LARGE area to walk pets, has a pet waste station and an outside fire pit. Very user friendly!! It's fenced in for the most part and is easily accessible. The on-site team members (Pam & Vanessa) were very friendly.

Room Tip: if you have a pet ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Red Roof Plus Columbus@ OSU. I Will share your comments with the staff, especially with Vanessa and Pam. It was our pleasure to have host you and your pet and we hope that on your next trip to the Columbus area you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,