All reviews the holiday inn children's hospital small bathroom nice indoor pool an older hotel decent hotel heart of downtown hotel shuttle hotel restaurant desk staff exercise room free shuttle water pressure fitness center arena district beds were comfortable up to date
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Stayed here 1 night recently during a visit to Columbus.

During previous stays everything had been good and that sets an expectation ofcourse.

Checkin went smooth however room was next to the elevator so that was a no go. Luckely this was settled quickly although now I had to stay on the 2nd floor. At least noise level was OK so not complaining.

Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Hotel is located centrally and there are a good amount of restaurants closeby (if you don't want to hang out in the hotel restaurant / bar). Did not have time for breakfast this time but it is a la carte and service / quality was good last time.

All together a good hotel but pay some attention to front desk quality & service.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi AvdV80,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad to know you found our location convenient and the rooms spacious and well equipped. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments about the Front Desk service are very much appreciated. This is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve.

Again, thanks for your feedback and for staying with us. I hope we can better serve you next time.

Connie D

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Went to Columbus for a wedding and booked this Holiday Inn since it was close to the venue and they had a shuttle. Booked three rooms one for Friday two for Saturday. Friday check in went smooth and got an early check in on one room Saturday. At 3:30 pm was informed the third room was not ready. Went to the bar and checked back at 5. Room was not ready. Went to the wedding and returned at 11 pm was informed the room was not ready. Excuse me???? Others in our group were told their room was not ready also. Didn’t see any Housekeeping staff cleaning rooms so I’m not sure where they ended up getting clean rooms from.
The shuttle driver said the brakes were bad so there was no shuttle after the wedding. We kept the Uber drivers busy and it was only a $6-$8 fare. No apology just an oh well.
Batteries in the remote were dead so I went to the front desk to have them replaced. Was informed the maintenance man was not there. Maybe you should get a box of batteries to keep behind the front desk. I’m sure the Front Desk staff would’ve perfectly capable of changing a battery. It’s not Rocket Science!!Waited for them to hunt up a remote.
The pool was nice for the kids. The water was warm but the room was freezing cold. I think it may have been warmer outside.
Staff was friendly enough. The best thing about our stay was the housekeeper who brought my phone down to lobby that was left in the room. I wish I had gotten her name so I could give her a shout out. Thank you!
Horrible Holiday Inn!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Daveob2979
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Daveob2979,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn- Capitol Square. I am sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory. Issues at check-in, getting your third room late at night and not able to use the shuttle after the wedding.

IHG values your experience with our hotels as one of our valued guest. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Stayed here October 19-21 for the Columbus marathon. The room was clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The location was central and an easy walk to the start/finish line, the Statehouse, etc.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Was there from October 14-17. The rooms are very nice and beds are comfy. However starting my second day when I would leave my room and come back, my key wouldn’t work. The tried to replace my key and that wouldn’t work. They had to keep calling up maintenance to come and open my door every time. They didn’t actually try to fix my door just let me come down to the reception every time I needed to go to my room and ask for maintenance. I was very frustrated and they wouldn’t compensate me with late check out or breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus Dwtn-Capitol Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Hi JohannaM1760,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I am happy you found our hotel rooms to be comfortable.

Providing the best hotel experience begins with excellent customer service and it has always been our pleasure to assist our guests in whatever way we can. I am sorry this was not the case for you. I understand how disappointing that must be for you. It is not just a matter of how we do things but also how we provide a reliable service. I shared your comments to the hotel management to review and refine how we should handle situations.

Again, I appreciate your feedback. We hope you can give us a chance to regain your trust and provide you a better hotel experience.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I was there from the 6th until the 10th of October. The hotel is located in a great location in the heart of downtown and the staff is amazing. Everyone that I came into contact with including Tara, Emma, Ryan, everyone in the restaurant and housekeeping went above and beyond to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The restaurant is great, they offer shuttle service and anything front desk or housekeeping wise they seem to genuinely care and do their best to make you feel welcome. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family