“Great place with a great location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Ranked #61 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We love Homewood Suites, and this one is no exception. It was extremely clean and well-appointed. The staff was friendly and service-oriented. The location near the mall was good for us. It also had easy access to the interstate.

Room Tip: The two room suite is a little pricey, but it worked well for our group....it would also be good for...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed at the hotel for business for 2 weeks. First week was okay, but the 2nd week is why I am making my TripAdvisor review debut.
1. Broken Shower - I checked into a hotel suite (with kitchen) and the second morning, I called the front desk to report an issue with the shower. Called again the 2nd morning. 3rd morning, still not fixed....
2. Broken Wireless - Spent 2 days+2 hours to help the hotel figure out that they had an issue with their router.
3. Broken Fire Alarm - I value my sleep and my job. For the past 2 nights, the fire alarm as gone off at 2:30AM and 3:30AM.
4. Broken Customer Service - Throughout all of these issues. No follow-up/apologies/or attempt to "make it right or your stay is free." Obviously this Homewood Suites values neither my loyalty nor business. I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner, top floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Angela W
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This hotel is in a great location with lots of restaurants and easy access to the highway. The usual "Manager's Reception" had great food (although apparently state or local laws require them to charge $1 for the beer instead of giving it for free), and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I opted for a non-suite king room. The room itself was well done and comfortable, but it was a European-sized room -- very very small. Not a problem for me, as I was just sleeping there, but be aware. Families would not be able to fit a cot or anything else in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My son and I arrived at "another" hotel at 1 AM and found that the confirmed reservation we had did not ever get through to the hotel itself. The hotel was completely full, as were almost all of the hotels in the Columbus area. The Homewood Suites had one room left, so we went there. I'm rating the hotel based on the property alone, as we got the only room left and it happened to be a smoking room. Once my son had sprayed Febreze all over the room, it was ok to sleep in. Had we been in a non-smoking room, it would have been a wonderful stay. The property is in a good area - the road is basically a horseshoe with extended-stay type properties all around it. The suite had a bedroom with a queen bed and a fold out couch. There are two bathroom sinks - one inside the bathroom/shower itself and the other outside of it. Makes it much faster to get going in the morning! There's a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, and a table and chairs to have your meals on. They also have a lovely, LOVELY breakfast in the morning, complete with folded eggs (real eggs, not the powdered variety) and sausage, and the most beautiful and delicious blueberry muffins! They gave us a great price because we came in so late, which was very kind. I highly recommend this property, especially if you're staying for business. It's very close to rte. 23 and I-270, so you can get anywhere in the Columbus area quickly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank zedramaqueen
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Staying for the week at this hotel. Rooms okay but what makes this hotel unique is the staff. From check-in, to food service to maintenance, Jeff, Nate and Annette made my stay much better. Excellent attutudes and catered to every need. Nice surroundings for "long term" hotel and close proximity to shopping, dining and the currently running, Ohio State Fair. I recommend this hotel highly!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business