All reviews nationwide arena valet parking covered walkway executive floor columbus downtown the club lounge front desk staff self park short north hotel bar valet service nice stay north market corner room shower head two queen beds would stay here again
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Very friendly desk/parking staff. Offered us 2 box seats to Clippers game for $10US each upon check in! Helle ya!! Room was basic but comfortable. Free wifi. Free shuttle to game. LOTS of restaurants nearby.
Would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Thank you so much for sharing this review! We are thrilled to hear that you had such an excellent stay and enjoyed the Clippers game. We appreciate you choosing Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I stayed in room 623 at this hotel 3 nights while attending a convention there. It is located across the street from the Columbus convention center and close to other hotels that serve convention-goers. It is also within a short distance from German Village, The Ohio State University, the art museum and other tourist attractions. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. I had a few problems while there. The water in the shower was lukewarm the first morning. The front desk sent an engineer who fixed the knob so it turned all the way to hot (it seemed odd that no other guest had complained about it before). The water in the tub was slow to drain. The engineer couldn't fix that. He just pulled the drain out entirely and never came back. The first day I was out all day and when I returned at 5pm the room had not been made up. I phoned the front desk and asked for someone to come up after 6pm since I had to change clothes for dinner; they showed up at 5:45 so I had to ask them to return later. The radio was a complete mystery; I couldn't figure out how to operate it. When my colleagues and I went to the bar at 5:00 one afternoon, there was no bartender even though it was supposed to open at 4:00. When one of the managers couldn't find the bartender, she went to the restaurant next door and asked a server to come over and take our order. This meant the server had to go back to the restaurant and come back with our drinks. The bartender finally showed up after a while but the entire episode was disorganized. To the hotel's credit, the manager comped the first round of drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators; they're in use constantly from early morning to late at night.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Dirk B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to exceed all guest expectations and accommodate all requests. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that we were unable to provide you with an exceptional experience. We will be sure to address your comments with our staff and hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights during the Origins game fair. The hotel is conveniently located to the convention center. The room was very nice. We had a king suite with a sleeper sofa. We never pulled the sofa out but the person sleeping on it never complained about the comfort. The bed was comfortable also. Staying with multiple people in one room we had wished there was a bathroom fan, or perhaps ours didn't work. We used the valet for the car. It was super convenient and in and out privileges were great. Max and Erma's is the restaurant attached to the hotel. The food and service was awesome!!
Now here is the but, I accidentally left some items in the room and didn't realize it for four days. I called the hotel and they had my items. Fabulous!!! The next day I get a call and give them my billing information to ship my items back to me. I was told they would use the USPS. And try to use flat rate boxes. I thought at most it would be about $40 as I have mailed board games myself. My games arrived by Fedex overnight air at the low low price of $97. It was my dumb butt that left the items in the room and I greatly appreciate getting them back. The fact that it cost almost triple of what I thought it would is what's killing me.
Even saying that and being rather upset about it, I would absolutely stay her again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza for your recent trip to Columbus. I am glad to hear that we provided you with the great service that you deserve. I apologize for the issue with shipping cost and hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We stayed here 4 nights for a weekend event at the Convention Center across the street. This hotel is convenient to the Convention Center whether by skywalk or at street level. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Our room had a refrigerator (hidden in a cabinet) but no microwave, and a single-cup coffeemaker. Our two-queen-bed room was spacious and the beds were nice and comfy. We had no significant issues with the room. The only minor issue was that only sheer curtains could be drawn across the window (the heavier curtains were only decorative) and there was a lot of light from outside...it didn't bother us much, but if you need it really dark to sleep it could be an issue. Unlike many upscale hotels I've dealt with, there weren't any hidden charges for extras. (Except valet parking, but here's a tip: If you belong to the IHG rewards program -- which you can join at checkin -- the valet parking rate is reduced from $24/day to $15/day!) All in all a delightfully pleasant, trouble-free experience.

Stayed: June 2016

Thank you for your wonderful five star review of Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown! I am happy to hear we were able to provide a great stay while you were with us. I hope to have you with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I spent 4 nights here for a conference. It's right across the street from the convention center, with a walking bridge- very convenient. The lobby is not big, yet has a bar, serves food, and continental breakfast. Also there is a restaurant next door, Max and Ermas, that delivers a wide variety of food right to your room. Plus many many restaurants are within a few blocks north on High street. The room was good sized, very clean, and quiet. As we'll as the bathroom. We did not get a chance to use the pool or fitness room. Another nice feature was a $5 food credit per day that you skip room cleaning. I would happy stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to hear you found our location to be convenient. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again!