“Not up to Hyatt standards” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington

Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Ranked #19 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
midwest
“Not up to Hyatt standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

The bathroom is teeny teeny tiny. Our toilet was plugged and when we called the front desk, their response was, "Come down to the front desk and get the plunger." Obviously they are understaffed. There is a small refrigerator in the room. Room seemed dirty - carpet old and stained, bedspreads old. Ran out of decaf at 8:00 breakfast. Took forever to get more. Overall, staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank letstravel52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

The hyatt is a beautiful hotel however the wheelchair suite was a great disappointment. The room that appear on their website gave me the impression that my daughter and I would be very comfortable during our two week stay, boy was I wrong. The room that we stayed is was extremely smaller then the one shown on the website. My daughter is in a wheelchair and trying to get her chair in the bathroom was a dreadful chore! There is only about three feet of space between the end of the bed and the wall leading to the bathroom.

The rooms do not have a microwave and the fridge is impractically small. The good news is that the hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurant and Marcus theater is a short walking distance from the hotel.

The staff is wonderfully pleasant and the continental breakfast is okay. Overall this hotel is nice for a few days stay for a family but anytime longer one may become claustrophobic.

• Stayed August 2011
usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

Room spacious and clean. Very well designed TV is great. I checked in after 10 pm and reception was very friendly and helpful. Good value. Will stay here again

• Stayed May 2011
St Louis, mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

I have first hand knowledge of Hyatt employees and their training so I was VERY dissapointed in the service we got at check-in. This is my third time staying at this particular Hyatt Place and I must be getting the same late-night front desk employee every time. I asked her a question that would've been as simple as either placing a phone call or finding another employee to ask but instead got an, "I have no idea.". Long awkward pause until I asked if she could find out for me. She replied that she would ask someone and let me know. Then just stood there. Finally I thanked her and after getting no response I went back to my room. There was no "local" information in the room (we wanted to know about places that deliver) so I called down and let her know my room was missing the restaurant information she had said would be in the room. She said there was an extra one at the desk and I could come get it.

The room was VERY clean. Nice amenities at the sink. Bathroom is of course small but it appears as though that is a Hyatt Place thing. The large sitting area makes up for it in my opinion. Breakfast is okay. A toaster with bread, some mini muffins, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee, tea. A bagel would've been nice but free is free:).

Check out is nice and fast. You can either check out at the desk or call down and do it on an automated phone thing. I've done both. The two employees at check out were VERY friendly and offered to help me in getting some other matters straightened out (I had made my reservation over the phone and somehow Hyatt had charged me for two different Hyatts and then billed me for both...on the same night...this was straightened out quickly with no real effort on my part).

I wish in Ohio, they'd have an indoor pool. But the beds were incredibly comfortable. I don't think I have slept that comfortably in a bed not my own since I went on a cruise.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel. Just wish that the check in employee had acted a little more like she cared about my business and not that *I* was there for her.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Dear Erickausaf,

I am truly sorry that your experience with our host at checkin was not satisfactory. I spoke with the person you dealt with and she was very upset that she did not exceed your expectations. I was gratified to see that the rest of your stay was rated as excellent. I see you have stayed with us before and hope we will see you again in the future.

Patrick Quinn
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We took a weekend trip to Columbus with our kids. The hotel is located right off the highway giving easy access to the Columbus Zoo, Cosi & Easton. The hotel was very clean and modern. My kids liked that the room had the feel of a suite w/ a separate sitting area and sleeping area divided by a half wall. We got this hotel on Priceline for a steal!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington, responded to this review, 9 November 2010
Wumama, Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to make our guests feel comfortable and welcomed!

Patrick Quinn