“I will be back.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel is located close to dozens of restaurants, plenty of shopping, and right off the highway. The rooms were up to date and clean. I also noticed the room I was in was quiet. I am a light sleeper so I notice doors closing and other sounds. I stay in Columbus often and I think I found my new local favorite.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank svanwass
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here. I would love the opportunity to find our how we could make your experience with us perfect and recieve your feedback in person.
I hope you will look for me during your next stay.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was nice. No complaints other than our door cards keep getting demagnetized, but the front desk was extremely apologetic and would never complain about us having to get new cards. I am a big fan of Hampton In and Suites because they are consistent in service and quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank melwhite10
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback of our property. I do apologize your had troubles with our keys. I am following up with our vendor and team to make sure we are doing everything we should be to avoid this issue. I am glad the other details of your stay were positive!!
We will look forward to having you back with us then next time your business brings you back to Columbus.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed with my 7 month old granddaughter while my daughter attended a conference in Columbus. The front desk staff and all the employees where very kind and thoughtful in making us feel at home. This is a great hotel to stay at when in the Columbus area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Browns64
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Our team was so smitten by your adorable granddaughter, especially the housekeeping team!! It is our pleasure to have you with us! Hopefully we can have you again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn before and this vista was just as pleasant. We checked in late after attending a Ohio State basketball game on December 22nd. Check in was painless as usual with Hampton's. The only issue we had was trying to get the door to open. After getting some help for the front desk we were in our room. The room was updated nicely and comfortable. In the morning the free breakfast was welcome before heading out to do some last minute Christmas shopping.
With all the other choices are the Polaris area the Hampton Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

I'm so glad you had a positive experience with us! Our location is a great way to stay close to the Buckeye games without being in the middle of the chaos! Thank you so much for sharing your experience here.
I hope we will see you again. OH-IO !!

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel again. I have probably stayed here at least five times over the last three year years and now things are starting to really deteriorate. This is a fairly new hotel, but it is obvious that no money has been reinvested in the hotel and as a result, service and conditions have really gone down hill. For example, when I checked in, there was seven people waiting to check in and only one front desk person. It took me about fifteen minutes just to get checked in.

The front desk personnel were friendly enough, but evidently staff has been limited resulting in longer waiting for information. I went down to the front desk later in the night and the front desk person was engaged in a discussion with someone and I was unable to get her attention to ask a question.

The room was pretty standard for a Hampton Inn. However, I discovered that the bathroom was only contained one bar of soap for washing hands and taking a bath. Also, the shower was a stand alone shower. That would have been okay, but the shower head had come loose and it only sent out one stream of water. I am sure the hotel would have addressed this, but it was 6:00 AM when I discover this issues and I certainly did not want to deal with it in the morning. Surprisingly, the towels where worn and thin, certainly not up to the Hilton standard.

The breakfast was pretty standard, scrambled eggs and beacon, a variety of cereal. Nothing special! In fact, the scrambled eggs were severally over cooked, making them almost impossible to eat. Service was very limited, resulting in each person having to fend for them.

I was speaking at the conference center next door, so staying here was a good option for me. However, there are several full service hotels in the area and if one does not have stay in this specific hotel; I would recommend checking out other options.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FLJ021251
ddecoito, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Hello FLJ,
I am so sorry that you had these issues during your with us. I am following up on your concerns right away. We do not ever want to provide this sort of experience nor leave this sort of impression with any guest during any stay. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to correct the this disappointing impression of our service and product. You can reach me at 614-885-8400.