“Great food in a dive”
Review of Alegria's Seafood - CLOSED

Alegria's Seafood
Reviewed 23 October 2017

You ever eat in that mom and pop diner where you wish they'd update the décor? You know the floors are a little sticky and you're afraid to peek in the kitchen? They still have the Christmas decorations up in October? You know the lighting is bad but you're glad it is? Well this is one of those diners. But it's not your typical American diner. It's a Mexican restaurant.

But it's not slinging hash. They're serving fresh and delicious seafood. I saw the reviews. I was in the mood for seafood. But I wanted more than cod, salmon, or tilapia. This place has wonderful red snapper.

Our group started out with a large shrimp cocktail (a lot and well worth it); it wasn't your traditional but swimming in a fresh cocktail sauce. We got the prawns (think big messy bay shrimp Mexican style, yum!), some pineapple seafood medley in a cream sauce (delicious!), and whole red snappers in a traditional Mexican sauce (one of the best fish dishes I've ever had). Some of the meals came with fries (confused me) and a nice salad and some rice. I opted to substitute the fries for the tasty refried beans. We got a lot of food for the price.

Our service was good. She was helpful in choosing. Judging from the clientele it appears to be authentic Mexican. Overall-recommended. We'll be back.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We have been to this restaurant once before and this time ordered different dishes to try. All three of us enjoyed the items we ordered. My fish dish was spicy- which I wasn't really expecting- but- it wasn't too spicy to enjoy.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Heard the great reviews and our granddaughter loves crab legs so we went to dinner. The restaurant is colorful, but small. The food was good for everyone . 3 had the fish tacos and they really enjoyed the flavor and size. 2 had crab legs and they had a wonderful seasoning on them I had the chicken and steak tacos and they were both very tasty. The pitcher of Margaritas was ok, but had way too much lime in them for my taste. The only things that did not take me to a 5 star was the floor was sticky and the tables so close that you were bumping with the person behind you. The salsa and quest and chips were very good. No salt on the chips but they were fresh . We also had guacamole dip that was very good. Overall, a very good experience. I will go back and hopefully floors will be clean

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Wow! Delicious everything, and humongous portions. A pitcher of margaritas is considered a half pitcher. The lobster queso dip is outrageous, and chock full of lobster. Don't be turned off by the hole-in-the-wall strip mall location. This is a serious Mexican seafood restaurant. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Web search helped me find this gem. Was looking for something different to try and I found it. The food was delicious and there is such a wide selection. A little more expensive than a standard Mexican restaurant but take away the strip mall setting and I pretty much guarantee the bill will be at least double. I will definitely be back to try another menu selection.

1  Thank jatoes