“Very good choice”
Review of Alegria's Seafood - CLOSED

Alegria's Seafood
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Heard the great reviews and our granddaughter loves crab legs so we went to dinner. The restaurant is colorful, but small. The food was good for everyone . 3 had the fish tacos and they really enjoyed the flavor and size. 2 had crab legs and they had a wonderful seasoning on them I had the chicken and steak tacos and they were both very tasty. The pitcher of Margaritas was ok, but had way too much lime in them for my taste. The only things that did not take me to a 5 star was the floor was sticky and the tables so close that you were bumping with the person behind you. The salsa and quest and chips were very good. No salt on the chips but they were fresh . We also had guacamole dip that was very good. Overall, a very good experience. I will go back and hopefully floors will be clean

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Wow! Delicious everything, and humongous portions. A pitcher of margaritas is considered a half pitcher. The lobster queso dip is outrageous, and chock full of lobster. Don't be turned off by the hole-in-the-wall strip mall location. This is a serious Mexican seafood restaurant. I highly recommend.

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Web search helped me find this gem. Was looking for something different to try and I found it. The food was delicious and there is such a wide selection. A little more expensive than a standard Mexican restaurant but take away the strip mall setting and I pretty much guarantee the bill will be at least double. I will definitely be back to try another menu selection.

1  Thank jatoes
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

This is the best restaurant in Columbus for non- foo-foo seafood. The portions are large and the flavor is awesome! I highly recommend this place, My favorites are the whole fried fish, the shrimp and octopus. The portions are large but you'll manage! The servers are very nice and the margaritas and very good too! Do not miss this place!

1  Thank L F
Reviewed 8 May 2017

They specialize in spicy seafood and, I'll admit, their spicy sauce was good. BUT the cost was outrageous! We got a $50 seafood platter (thankfully through Groupon) but did NOT get an impressive amount of seafood. Plus, the shrimp were overcooked. They also didn't have any sea scallops, only bay (which are just too small). Again, it was fine with a Groupon, but I would never pay full price.