All reviews bank building vault door gay street bourbon bar valet parking full kitchen unique hotel breakfast is served valet service front desk staff state capitol bedroom suite rooms are spacious short north restaurants and bars would definitely stay here again convention center
Reviewed 18 October 2018

The rooms were spacious and comfy, but the location near the street is quite noisy. Lobby area and lounge are unique in an old bank setting. Breakfast was good and staff was friendly. More plus' than minus' to the place.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear davew49,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff friendly. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Every year I stay in Columbus for the Origins Game Fair and my normal hotel is the Hilton across the street from the convention center (Who have always been great to us). This year, my friends stayed at the Residence Inn and we wound up there every night after the convention. I enjoyed my experience at the hotel so much and how we were treated as non-guests at the hotel, that I just booked the Residence Inn for the Fair next June.
The highlights were the front desk staff and the bartenders. From the hotel staff standpoint, we were allowed to use the tables as long as we wanted with our friends who were staying there (As long as we were quiet) and were treated the same as if we were guests.
The bartenders were very good, knew their drinks extremely well, and were full of great dining suggestions in the area. We asked them both nights for suggestions and both nights were great.
I can't wait for this year's visit to actually stay in the room. For the price, it can't be beat.

PS: The ambience of the hotel being an old bank is incredibly cool!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Nathan M,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel and thank you for your compliments. We look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Lying in bed now wishing I had read other reviews before staying here. Sounds like doors slamming constantly, floor shakes from bedroom area of 1502. See managers comment below offering another room next time. It’s a known issue!

Totally unacceptable. Do not accept this room assignment.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Rwp12,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. My heartfelt apologies for disappointing you due to the room location you were assigned. We strive to provide every guest with a comfortable stay and we clearly missed the mark. Thank you for your honest feedback which we will use to foster improvement; for that reason, we hope to see you yet again on a return trip.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I purchased 10 rooms for a wedding. My card was charged several different charges for each room amounting to 300.00 over charge. I have been unable to get anyone to answer the phone. I tried for over a week. My daughters car was hit in their parking lot! Poor lighting and no security cameras working! This has been a nightmare!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Trudy L,

I'm very sorry for your poor experience. We are a downtown hotel which only offers valet parking; our guests have no access to the lot. We have not had any reports as described in your review, but I'm at your service should you like to discuss in more detail. We'd be happy to help.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Nice lounge to grab a light snack and drink.
Located in a central area for business or just visiting the area, surrounded by some good restaurants and bars.
Local folks friendly as was staff.
Rooms were nicely decorated and clean.

Room tip: Pick your floor
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear C S,

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority; I’m glad you enjoyed our friendly associates and location. Incredible reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your stay, and we hope to host you again soon.