“Dinner after a long day at the zoo”

El Vaquero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #267 of 2,478 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Mexican food from the range to you in Columbus, OH, at El Vaquero! The freshest meats paired with unique spices and a bouquet of colorful vegetables make each dish a truly authentic Mexican dining experience. Our recipes celebrate the proud traditions of making real food for real people, and each meal at El Vaquero is made the way it was centuries ago on the range! Our menu includes all of your tantalizing favorites like fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, rellenos, quesadillas, tacos, steak, and more! Our regulars also say we have the best margaritas in town. But don't take their word for it, why not come by and try them for yourself? We didn't forget about those of you with more discerning palates: we have a wide variety of vegetarian meals available too. Join us at El Vaquero today, the best Mexican restaurant in town!
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I am a big fan of real Mexican food, not so much of "Tex-Mex". My friend recommended this place after our day long visit to the Columbus Zoo. The waiter brought out chips and salsa and gave each of us our own salsa bowls. No worries about double dipping. The salsa was on the mild side, it still tasted very fresh and good. The food we ordered came out quickly and was very good. Portion size was a bit too much for me. My friend took over my avocado salad and used it as a dip. We both enjoyed our food. I will be back the next time I am in Columbus.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I was visiting my daughter in Columbus, Ohio and she took us to this Mexican Restaurant. The food and the drinks were excellent. I'm not a big mexican food fan but this restaurant could change my mind. The margaritas were decadent!

Reviewed 27 March 2017

The location was the one near Sawmill Rd., Columbus, Ohio, but I did not see that option to choose the correct location. My friend and I went to have margaritas Friday night during happy hour. I didn't mind the skinny margaritas were not very strong, but to charge us $81.00 for four light margaritas, a shrimp cocktail (five or six pieces), and three beef tacos was ridiculous. Add a 20% tip, and the bill became $96.00. It wasn't the bartenders fault the price was so expensive, but since when did the prices get so high? Next time we'll go to Hyde Park instead.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We have visited 3 El Vaquero Mexican restaurants in columbus, and have not been disappointed. Good chips and salsa, but be sure to ask for the hot salsa. Service is very fast. Try the lunch specials, and ALWAYS get an order of the grilled jalapeños!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I've eaten there 4 or 5 times in the last 2 months as I am on business in the area. The food is actually quite good (margaritas aside - hopefully someone that manages the business is reading this - please fix) and the service is solid. Pricey relative to other Mexican/Yucatan food at the higher end but worth it. As a matter of fact, I'm going back for dinner shortly ...

1  Thank R Michael W