“Fantastic Aztec Chowder”
Review of Polaris Grill

Polaris Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Polaris Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,478 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-71 and Polaris Parkway
Transit: COTA bus stop within 50 yards of restaurant.
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I travel to Columbus regularly for work and stay in the Westerville area. This little gem is a 3 minute walk from my hotel. I try to eat there at least once when I am in town.

The best part of the trip to the Polaris Grill is the Aztec Chowder. It is a white bean and Monterrey Jack cheese based chowder with diced chili's and chicken. It is a bowl full of awesome! It is must try for your visit.

I usually sit at the bar and have had the pleasure of having Justin wait on me numerous times. He is a dedicated hard working employee. More people should take a lesson from Justin when it comes to work.

Over my visits, I usually have either the hickory smoked pork chops (excellent), the fish and chips with sweet potato fries (hint the mango ketchup is incredible), shrimp & scallop New Orleans (this is also a must try at least once).

If you are in the Westerville / Polaris area of Columbus make sure to give the Polaris Grill a visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Interesting place tucked back out of the way. Food was good ordered the prime rib with all the fixings. I started with a chicken chili soup that was just to rich. Would have been better if the cut back just a bit.

Service spot on waiter very helpful.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I live in the Washington, DC area and each time I come to Columbus I make sure to eat at Polaris Grill. The service is always great and the food delicious. I always make sure to start with a large 55 House Salad. Amazing salad and dressing. I only wish i could get the dressing out here in DC.

I will note that the walls this time I noticed had some food splatter on them for our booth. I encourage the management to keep up with cleaning and maintenance. I have never noticed this before so I assume it was a fluke.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Nice restaurant, this was my first visit, and I was surprised it was not more crowded. Of course it was a Tuesday, so that may be why. Food was Very good

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Polaris Grill is one of our regular choices as they have consistently great food and service, but several times per year on holidays they have a wonderful buffet, especially on Mother's and Father's Day. Tony our server was FANTASTIC and the food was delicious.

Been to Polaris Grill? Share your experiences!