All reviews room was clean schottenstein center within walking distance sonic kohls desk hairdryer concert
Reviewed 12 May 2015

I needed to stay one night after picking my daughter up from OSU at the end of the semester. I was looking for someplace convenient, safe, clean, and inexpensive. My husband has stayed here and recommended it, and it was priced well. The hotel provided what I was looking for, and the front desk staff were very pleasant. (Only negative: the coffee provided in the morning in the lobby was not good - and I'm not a coffee snob by any means).

1  Thank matincville
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing our hotel and appreciate what you have shared regarding our staff and front desk. We hope you'll return to see how we continue to improve our service and hospitality.

Reviewed 8 May 2015

Have stayed at this property several times over a number of years as I have had 2 kids attend OSU. Usually a clean, quality room for a very reasonable rate, generally the least expensive of the hotels on the main strip of Olentangy River Road. Very disappointing stay this time. Carpets were stained, ceiling had large water leak stains over both beds, bathroom light had only one working bulb, and toilet ran intermittently throughout the night. Would have complained onsite but I arrived very late and was told this was the last room (yes, I did make reservations well in advance).

Room Tip: Usually a fine choice for a reasonable, clean, inexpensive room.
2  Thank Buckeye19444

We are so sorry to learn about this incident during your recent stay. This is certainly not taken lightly and has been forwarded to management for review. Providing our guests with an enjoyable experience is of extreme importance to us and for that reason we are incredibly sorry that we missed the mark. We hope to earn your business on future travels so that you can see our continuous improvement.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

My son just started at OSU this year, and we were out to visit him. I thought I would try
one of the many hotels on this street.
The room was clean but it needed some repairs. The bathroom had no door knob and the light in the bathroom was poor.
Overall it was ok and it was in expensive.

Room Tip: Don't look for anything special, just a clean room
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Kevin T, General Manager at Motel 6 Columbus OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2015

Congratulations on your son going to The Ohio State University and thank you for choosing the Varsity Inn North as your accommodations during your most recent visit. I ensure you it is our utmost importance to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and I apologize if we fell short of that expectation. I am thrilled to hear the cleanliness of the room was to your standards, as that is very important to us. I will address the maintenance concerns with my Engineer and have them rectified. When you return to the area I would hope that you give the Varsity North a second chance to earn your business. Thank you!

Go Bucks!
Kevin

Reviewed 26 February 2015

Great Location and hotel choice for attending the games. Couple minute walk to the Horseshoe. Rooms was very clean and beds were comfortable. My entire group stayed at the hotel and they all had a good time. Beating the wolverines was fun too!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dsavoca659
Reviewed 25 February 2015

The wife and daughter stayed last week on a visit to OSU. At first glance they got worried, but everything turned out fine. Great location, and very friendly staff. The hotel has outdoor corridors, but they stated that everything was kept up very nicely. My wife stated that it was easy to get to, and close to food, and shopping. If you are just looking for a clean place to lay your head, close to OSU, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business