“First and probably last stay at the Kozy Inn”
Review of Kozy Inn

Kozy Inn
Ranked #14 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
dayton, ohio
“First and probably last stay at the Kozy Inn”
Reviewed 10 January 2010

My wife and I travel to Columbus about once a month and thought the Kozy Inn would be a nice hotel for the money. Upon arrival everything seemed ok, the room was nice enough, clean and we thought the sofa, mini fridge, and microwave were nice additions for a budget class hotel. The Kozy advertises free wireless internet (another nice feature for a budget hotel), but the signal was so weak it was only usable about 50% of the time (and we were about 5 rooms down from the office). The heater/air unit in the room was very very loud, would either blow at full hurricane force or was off and the bathroom was very very cold, the door had to be left open so that it would heat properly.The final straw was the next morning when we were getting ready to check out, check out was posted to be 11am, however most hotels will give a little bit of a grace period for a late checkout, I called and asked for maybe an hour, the person at the desk said it would be $10.00 per hour after 11am, I had never heard of anything like that before. for an additional 10-20$ we could have stayed at a nicer hotel and not had the hassle with late checkout fees. I got to the desk at 11am sharp, checked out and the person at the desk explained to me the inner workings of having to pay housekeeping to stay hence the $10 fee per hour, I explained that he had lost future revenue from me due to this policy (he didn't seem overly concerned). My wife was still in the room getting her bags in order while I was checking out, I walked back in and the front desk person simply walked right in to our room, no knock, no announcement that he was entering the room, we were amazed and couldn't wait to be gone. It's a shame that the service here was so poor, the hotel could be a nice property in the budget class, but we will not likely go back there.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bkcesc

Solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
4.1 km away
3.9 km away
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#7 of 17 in Grove City

Been to Kozy Inn? Share your experiences!