All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls hi express sausage gravy ohio state the breakfast area i highly recommend this hotel would stay here again free breakfast king bed room was large the hotel is clean short drive bagels excellent stay hot tub coffee maker
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We checked in for a night, and as we arrived on the top floor we noticed the smell of paint and obvious renovation going on. (There was a sign in the lobby warning us.) I did wonder about if the smell would be noticed in the room. Oddly, when we walked into the room there was no paint smell ... but there was another type of smell that was annoying. I called the front desk, and they gave me a room immediately. In fact, they gave me two adjoining rooms on the floor below - more than I needed, to be honest, but I can't complain about going over and above. Everything else was as expected, and we weren't there long - gone by morning. Otherwise, it was a typical Holiday Inn Express, and was fine. I'd go back, although I might wait until the renovations are done.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
AmineBoukili, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear BBailey182,

First of all thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for giving us four stars we really appreciate it. I do apologize about the renovation that is part of our continued commitment to enhance our property and service. I'm happy to let you know that all the work has been completed. Thank you again for the wonderful review on your previous stay with us and as always thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express O.S.U.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

This was our second visit in about a month. We really appreciate the cleanliness of this hotel. It is under some renovations but that didn't get in our way at all. We appreciate that they are upgrading. The room was very comfortable. We especially enjoy the "in the room" jacuzzi. Has the amenities we want. Fridge and microwave in room. A/C was comfortable. We enjoy the breakfast, especially those sinful cinnamon rolls! Breakfast also includes eggs, do-it-yourself pancakes, cereals, yogurt, etc. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The staff is very friendly. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are great!
1  Thank Marcia G

Dear Marcia G,

Wow! I think you covered all the bases. Thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Renovations going. Full price should not be charged when place is smelly and messy. Place not very well run. Trash cans were all overflowing. Smoking was allowed and encouraged by placement of butt receptacle just outside front door. Very unpleasant entering and exiting. Not up to HI Express standards. I'm a long time high points rewards member. I paid cash for this visit and I'm very disappointed and would suggest you not stay here. HI needs to tighten up standards and inspect this property. Not happy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Dear cjshroll,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are truly sorry for falling short of your expectations due to the unpleasant smell, the condition of the trashes and for finding the place not well run. The situations you have described are definitely not what we expect from any of our properties, nor something that we take these lightly. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and necessary actions will be taken accordingly, in order to correct unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying with us again to better experience all the exciting improvements we will be making.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Stayed here while at the State Fair. Located just north of OSU. Very clean with new updates still in progress. Room was nice & was one that had been updated. Nice tub/shower, Fridge & coffee machine. Super nice towels & comfy bed. Price about right. AC unit pretty noisy. Breakfast was very average & never changes but you can find something. The girls overseeing the breakfast are fantastic & don't have much to work with as far a quality. Only a couple places to eat close (Bob Evans, Roosters & great Mexican place). Kroger & CVS nearby. Pool is very small but families were using it each night. I would return because this place is very clean & that is the most important factor to us.

1  Thank BuckeyeBidcaller
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We booked a room for an overnight stay for the state fair, and the hotel staff and amenities were wonderful! The bedding was comfortable, the breakfast was plentiful, and the general manager got us some perks for the fair as well. This hotel was clean, put together, and overall impressive. Good job Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: If noise is a concern, try to get an odd numbered room. These face away from the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Melody C
AmineBoukili, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Melody C,

Wow! I think you covered all the bases thank you so much for saying such wonderful things about our hotel and for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased you had such a wonderful stay with us and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Amine Boukili
Holiday Inn Express & Suites O.S.U.