“Great Food and Service at a Reasonable Price”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 2,368 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Regant
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Columbus restaurant is uniquely designed to create an inviting, original and relaxed atmosphere, where guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience. The menu is printed twice daily, featuring the signature "Fresh Fish" highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to aged steaks, poultry, entrée salads and pasta. McCormick & Schmick's commitment to local freshness is apparent in the seasonally inspired dishes and regionally inspired preparations offered.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were driving around wondering where and what to eat when we chanced upon this restaurant. I know its a chain of seafood restaurants but this was my first time there.

Upon entering, the restaurant looked posh and expensive. It was quite empty maybe only 10% occupied. Maybe we had gone in too early. We sat at a booth by the window. The waiter was very professional and friendly. He was very good recommending what he felt we would enjoy, and he was right, we did enjoy our dinner.

I had a steak and lobster, while my friend had a chicken, a special of the day. The specials of the day were really very very reasonably priced. I mean I had expected the restaurant to be more expensive but the prices were good, and the specials were priced to please.

My steak was very good, juicy, flavorful, nicely seasoned (rough ground sea salt) and cooked just right, perfect! The lobster was good too but a little small.

It was a long few days and I had wanted a beer to unwind. I had something local which the waiter recommended, it was below my expectation but perhaps I was too tired to enjoy it.

I would definitely come back again to try out the other dishes.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Dinner was very good. I came here with a colleague and we had a good experience and service. I ordered the blackened swordfish and added a 6oz. filet to create a surf and turf of my own. The potatoes were a garlic mash along with spinach. A very good combination with the swordfish. The waiter was very suggestive and he assisted me with what fish would pair well with the filet. Usually, the filet can be paired with grilled shrimp but I wanted a small piece of fish to go with mine. The swordfish was very good and not very dry. I always enjoy coming here when I am in town. I have never had a bad meal or service during my trips. Thanks to the staff. I will return.!!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I along with my father-in-law & niece visiting from out of town dined here. Reservations are a must! Wonderful steaks/seafood offerings & pricey for dinner. My husband enjoyed lobster salad, while I enjoyed ultimate grill. Both started with salad/lobster bisque. Bag of chocolate dessert to die for-easily split by 4 people:) All meals were delicious!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I know it's a chain but what a chain! Seafood entrees are fresh and well prepared. The sea scallops over wilted spinach and crab/potato hash is a superb dish. Likewise the ahi tuna poke. Even the steaks are solid. Happy hour menu in bar is a value and the draft and by/glass wine selection is fairly diverse. Wednesday is $1 per large shrimp or oyster on the half shell. Hard to top that in Central Ohio. Add all that to quality service and you've got a winner.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We should have just left the restaurant. Had a reservation for 5:45. Didn't get a table until almost 6:30. It is 7:22pm and the server just now brought bread to our table. We are not in the mood to spend all Christmas evening here. Will never come back.

1  Thank Venessa A