“The Only Example of True Chicago Stuffed Pizza Outside of Chicago”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #576 of 2,477 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza right in your neighborhood. Visit us for a family-friendly atmosphere and delicious food or order your meal online for pickup or delivery.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

We drove up from Lebanon, Ohio based on a friends recommendation. Other chains have invaded southern and central Ohio over the years claiming to be authentic Chicago Pizza and all prior to Giordano's were not even close in quality or style.

The minute we walked into the Columbus store we knew we were in the presence of the real thing. The smells alone screamed authenticity. We were seated quickly and greeted by our server who explained the 'process'. The offered traditional thin crust pizza and the long sought after Deep Dish double crust Chicago Stuffed Pizza. Our waitress explained how the stuffed pizza was made and stated it took 45 minutes to prepare and deliver to the table.

We order a cup of tomato basil soup each and a bruschetta appetizer. Our started arrived quickly and we enjoyed them while waiting for our pizza. Time went by really fast and within the 45 minute window our piping hot and aromatic gem arrived.

A piece of the pie was removed and put on each of our plates with a smile. Man, was it good. Absolutely authentic as we recall from our visits to the windy city. Of course a small pizza was more than two seniors like us could consume so we took two pieces home for later in a take home box where our waitress wrote down instructions for reheating without even being asked.

Summary........ authentic food, Chicago type atmosphere, and fantastic staff. We will make the 95 mile trip many times in the future to get more of this stuff. GREAT!!!

1  Thank Dmcdon2851

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Got carryout. The house salad was very good. Only had 4 tomato halves, so they skimped a bit, but the greens were very fresh and the dressing was great. I also got the individual (6") deep dish with pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and onion. It was ok, but the onions were close to raw (crunchy), so I took them off. Also got the garlic parmesan fries. They forgot to give me the ranch that is supposed to come with it, and the fries were nothing like the garlic fries I get in California. These fries are very light on garlic and since I got carryout, were cold by the time I got home. I'm glad I tried it once, but wouldn't go back unless someone I'm with has a special request to go there. It's also quite pricey ($19.75 for the above).

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Coming from Chicago, I appreciate good Chicago style pizza. I don’t love it like many do, but I do like it now and then. Giordano’s is authentic and like their restaurants in IL. However, the wait is not worth the pizza. We had to wait over 2 hours to get our pizza and we placed the order early for pick-up. I’ve heard from others they’ve had bad experiences with the wait too. There are two Chicago style pizza places in Columbus but this one isn’t worth the wait. Maybe once the hype dies, like Duck Doughnuts, it will be worth going back. The pizza is good, so please don’t get me wrong, just plan your visit and time or plan on sitting for a LONG time waiting (kids don’t do well with long waits either).

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Was staying next door at the Homewood Suites and heard good things, so I called to place a carryout order for a pizza and salad.
The woman on the phone was having a very difficult time understanding me which was frustrating. My order wasn't that complicated!
To make a long story short, after I thought everything was done, she informed me that they were "backed up" and it would be 95 minutes for my order!! I asked her to clarify and she said 'sorry' but that's how long it'd take. Needless to say, I didn't want wait that long, canceled my order, and have bad feelings. She should have started by saying "we are very busy and your order will take an hour and a half..."

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Been for dinner and lunch. Good pizza if you like deep dish. Service could be better. Either the servers have too many tables or they don't care much about the ones they have. Had some slow and forgetful servers more than once

Date of visit: May 2018