2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Renaissance Hotels
Hotels.comUS$115
Expedia.comUS$115
Agoda.comUS$115
HurbUS$118
All reviews rooftop pool concierge lounge valet staff business trip the room was nice wedding conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2020

The hotel is conveniently located, and the room was adequate for a family of 4. There is a nice outdoor pool and hot tub, which our teenagers enjoyed. We had quite an issue with the fact that the hot water in the shower went cold after ONE shower. The front desk sent someone to look at the problem several times, but it was never fixed. The customer service agent on check out was very apologetic and provided an acceptable remedy.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Dublin3
Ricardo A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Dear Dublin3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We will share it with our teams to ensure corrective actions are in place.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 28 February 2020

This Renaissance property is fairly typical for the brand and is a convenient downtown location. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day. Check-in was efficient but for some reason, they were not able to provide a mobile key. On the morning of my arrival, I received an email thanking me for staying (past tense) with folio attached. I contacted the hotel to make sure I still had a reservation and they said it was a technical issue and that my res was fine. Concierge lounge was typical but when I walked in at about 9:15PM the staff person look at me and went right back to cleaning a table. I asked about hot water for tea and she pointed and said "use that machine and read the sign on the wall for directions." I don't expect to be waited on but it just didn't seem like the most guest-friendly response.
Overnight I received the typical emailed receipt. I checked it and saw that I had been charged $28 for parking. I called the front desk and the person I talked to didn't seem to want to be bothered. I explained the $28 charge and asked if there was a reason I was charged for parking. The answer was "we have no way of knowing who is parking and who isn't." I challenged that answer and was quickly told "if you want me to remove the charge I will but I have no control over the systems we use and we are having problems with them."
Saw a colleague in the lobby and told them to check their receipt and sure enough, they were charged $10 for parking.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 2SAM65
Ricardo A, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear 2SAM65,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay. I'm disappointed to understand you received subpar service during your stay with us. If you kindly send me a private message thru TripAdvisor with your reservations details I will be happy to look into your reservations and ensure the issue was fixed.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2020

Quick painless check in, room was modern and quiet, we never heard another person while in our room. Valet was on top of having of vehicle ready when required. We walked or drove to the convention center, Sunday metered spaces were free. Did not eat at the hotel restaurant or bar , though it seems that people we in there enjoying themselves.

Room tip: elevators seem fast , so upper floors should not ruled out, we stayed on the 4th floor
Reviewed 24 February 2020

All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and updated. The beds were comfortable. I Loved that they had a restaurant and bar on premise. The were completely book and still able to give excellent customer experience.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

Nicole Morrow was a phenomenal greeter! She was great, very professional and always in a good mood. I would recommend staying at this hotel because the staff, especially Nicole was just awesome. Best !

Trip type: Travelled with family