All reviews rooftop pool aveda products valet parking the concierge lounge nice hotel bathroom door per day valet staff hotel bar business travel short north enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable the room was nice arena district latitude wedding
Reviewed 15 January 2018

When we were staying there they had just had a water leak which affected the restaurant and lobby area which were very unpleasant. Rooms are ok but only one chair in a double room seemed a little odd. Prices are quite reasonable except that you are pretty much locked into valet parking for $26,00 per day. Breakfast buffet was very mediocre with cold hard cooked scrambled eggs. All the staff were very pleasant.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for choosing the Columbus Renaissance for your most recent stay. We appreciate the time you have taken to provide feedback and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are disappointed to hear that the water leak negatively impacted your stay and please know that the below zero temperatures unfortunately caused several issues that were unforeseen to the property. We are working to restore all spaces and hope that you will have the opportunity to see the renovated spaces during a future stay. We also appreciate the feedback you have shared about the hotel amenities and we will share that feedback with the hotel team to work toward improvement. Thank you for the kind words about the hotel team members and we do hope to improve your experience in the near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

1. The food was awful, and a big step down from previous years -mini hot dogs and taquitos. These were the same that one could purchase at a grocery store and warm up in the microwave.
2. There were less drink stations than previous years and the lines were much longer. We must have spent half of the night waiting in line for drinks. We also were provided with champagne in previous years.
3. There was no warning or countdown for New Years. This was the most disappointing, as this is obviously a special moment for most people and any party, event or bar would have done this differently.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience of the New Year's Eve party that was held at the Columbus Renaissance Hotel. We do very much appreciate the feedback so we may take that information back to the outside vendor who organizes the planning of the event to assist them in improving the overall experience for future years. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that the next New Year Eve party you attend will meet your expectations. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I traveled to Columbus to stay at the Renaissance for a weekend of fun. There was a discrepancy with my reservation and I was very disheartened about the situation but I guess rules are rules. The problem I had wasn't with the change in policy but the manner in which things were handled. I asked to speak with a manager about my issue and the manager, Addie came out to speak with me. She was very, very rude and curt to say the least. She threatened to cancel my reservation leaving me on the streets of Columbus without a room. I used calm words and spoke to her in a calm tone the entire time, yet she treated me poorly. I felt as if the problem was that I as an African American woman had the audacity to question the rule change. I hope race wasn't a factor but it still doesn't change the fact that she spoke to me in such a way. Then I worked with another associate named John who lectured me about having a sense of entitlement. I travel frequently and have never been treated this way by any hotel staff before and I will NEVER return to this hotel again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lala1inamil
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown. We are very disappointed to hear of your experience and please accept our apologies. We will share the feedback you have provided to ensure our team members can continue to work to improve the service they are providing our guests. Please know that we take your satisfaction seriously and we apologize once again that we did not meet your expectations in the service we provided during your stay. We do hope to have an opportunity to improve upon your experience during a future stay with us and thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Great hotel,rooms were very nice and spacious. They also have valet service and had a car ready in 5 minutes waiting for us. The bar is nice also and had a good time once we returned from our night out in the town. Loved Columbus, great city.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2017

When staying at the Renaissance hotel, PLEASE make sure you check your vehicle after the valet staff returns it to you. My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 4 and checked out of the hotel on Sunday, November 5. There was a number of patrons who were waiting alongside us in order to retrieve our vehicles. Upon the return of our vehicle, we quickly loaded our things into the car to head to a business meeting. After we arrived to the place where the meeting was being held, my husband noticed there was a dent above our left tire that was not there the previous day. He called the hotel and was forwarded to the manager of the valet service. My husband was prompted to call back later because they were busy. He called back, and no one answered. We returned to the hotel that same day to track down any valet staff but was told the manager had left. Instead, one of the employees gave us the the manager's business card and proceeded to snap pictures of the dent in our vehicle. Long story short, the valet company has decided that they will not pay for any damages that were done because we left the premises before noticing the dent. PLEASE check your vehicles before you drop off your vehicle AND after they return it to you. Learn from our unfortunate mistake.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at the Columbus Renaissance hotel. We are disappointed about your experience and we agree that checking your vehicle before you leave is the best way to ensure that should there be damage it can be established and addressed prior to departing. Our Valet team has a very good reputation for caring for guest vehicles and it is very hard to establish any potential issues once the vehicle has left the property. We do not want for any guest to feel as though our valet team damaged their vehicle and please accept our apologies once again. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you have a happy holiday and are able to spend with those you love.