All reviews rooftop pool aveda products valet parking the concierge lounge nice hotel bathroom door per day valet staff hotel bar two queen beds business travel short north enjoyed my stay lobby area the room was nice arena district fitness center
Reviewed 20 November 2017

When staying at the Renaissance hotel, PLEASE make sure you check your vehicle after the valet staff returns it to you. My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 4 and checked out of the hotel on Sunday, November 5. There was a number of patrons who were waiting alongside us in order to retrieve our vehicles. Upon the return of our vehicle, we quickly loaded our things into the car to head to a business meeting. After we arrived to the place where the meeting was being held, my husband noticed there was a dent above our left tire that was not there the previous day. He called the hotel and was forwarded to the manager of the valet service. My husband was prompted to call back later because they were busy. He called back, and no one answered. We returned to the hotel that same day to track down any valet staff but was told the manager had left. Instead, one of the employees gave us the the manager's business card and proceeded to snap pictures of the dent in our vehicle. Long story short, the valet company has decided that they will not pay for any damages that were done because we left the premises before noticing the dent. PLEASE check your vehicles before you drop off your vehicle AND after they return it to you. Learn from our unfortunate mistake.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at the Columbus Renaissance hotel. We are disappointed about your experience and we agree that checking your vehicle before you leave is the best way to ensure that should there be damage it can be established and addressed prior to departing. Our Valet team has a very good reputation for caring for guest vehicles and it is very hard to establish any potential issues once the vehicle has left the property. We do not want for any guest to feel as though our valet team damaged their vehicle and please accept our apologies once again. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you have a happy holiday and are able to spend with those you love.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Good walking distance to many restaurants and events.
Stayed three nights and the room was large enough for two adults.
Room was on the 20th floor and we had club lounge access but not worth it for the free breakfast. It was very limited and it could get extremely crowded. We much preferred spending a couple dollars for the wonderful breakfast buffet downstairs and for $3 we could order any style eggs.
Fitness center was very nice. Clean, and all the machines worked, large selection of free weights, bowl of apples, and free headphones.
Now the negatives: checked into our room and tried to cool it down and heat was coming out of a/c setting.
Called the front desk and they did sent someone up quickly to fix it.
Went to use the in room safe in the morning and it was already locked! Called the front desk, again, and they sent up Maintenance.
Could not close the closet door all the way because it was not built wide enough to accommodate the length of the hangers. Annoying.
Bathroom seem recently renovated but more bad design when they put the toilet in, it was extremely low to the ground but perfect if you have preschoolers.
Worse part of the room was the bathroom door which was a barn door on rolling hinges and had frosted glass panel. No privacy when the door was closed, it never closed all the way, the the glass let all the light into the room if you used the bathroom light at night.
Would not go back if I️ was visiting Columbus.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent experience. We very much appreciate both the positive and negative aspects as it allows for the hotel team to improve in its services and amenities. We are disappointed that we did not entirely meet your expectations and for the areas you felt we lacking please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you again for sharing and we do hope that we can improve your impression on a future stay in Columbus, OH. We wish you a vey happy holiday to you and your family.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I was attending a military ball at this hotel recently and while enjoying cocktail hour - my gown split and the zipper broke. The staff at the hotel (Karen and Becky) saved my night! I quickly made my way to the hotel front desk and the staff was amazing. Karen cut the zipper out and sewed me into my gown so I didn't have to leave the event. They were so kind and accommodating - especially considering I wasn't staying at the hotel - I was just a guest at an event! I would recommend this venue for any event or stay because they truly care about their customers! Thank you so much!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights recently. Overall the hotel is very nice. The restaurant has good food (a little pricey but in line with downtown hotel restaurant prices). My issues had to do with intermittent hot water. On three afternoons, I had no hot water. I work out after work so I had to take very cold showers (didn’t have time to wait since I was meeting with coworkers for dinner). I did call the first day and it was back after dinner. The same thing happened again the next two days. I gave up since I couldn’t wait around for them to fix it. It was odd since it would come back later. I would stay away from the 11th floor if possible.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here for a business event. Clean and well kept property. Staff friendly and helpful. Concierge lounge was nice although I did miss the coffee machine. Carafe coffee just doesn't taste the same. Quality what I expect from a Marriott property.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business