Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
US$156
US$137
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$132
The Blackwell(Columbus)
US$215
US$199
  • Restaurant
Red Roof Inn Columbus West(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$149
Homewood
US$98
Priceline
All reviewsrooftop poolaveda productsvalet parkingnice hotelthe concierge loungeroom servicebathroom doorper dayvalet staffhotel barbusiness travelshort northking roombed was very comfortablelobby areathe room was niceupon check
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Good walking distance to many restaurants and events.
Stayed three nights and the room was large enough for two adults.
Room was on the 20th floor and we had club lounge access but not worth it for the free breakfast. It was very limited and it could get extremely crowded. We much preferred spending a couple dollars for the wonderful breakfast buffet downstairs and for $3 we could order any style eggs.
Fitness center was very nice. Clean, and all the machines worked, large selection of free weights, bowl of apples, and free headphones.
Now the negatives: checked into our room and tried to cool it down and heat was coming out of a/c setting.
Called the front desk and they did sent someone up quickly to fix it.
Went to use the in room safe in the morning and it was already locked! Called the front desk, again, and they sent up Maintenance.
Could not close the closet door all the way because it was not built wide enough to accommodate the length of the hangers. Annoying.
Bathroom seem recently renovated but more bad design when they put the toilet in, it was extremely low to the ground but perfect if you have preschoolers.
Worse part of the room was the bathroom door which was a barn door on rolling hinges and had frosted glass panel. No privacy when the door was closed, it never closed all the way, the the glass let all the light into the room if you used the bathroom light at night.
Would not go back if I️ was visiting Columbus.

Stayed: November 2017
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent experience. We very much appreciate both the positive and negative aspects as it allows for the hotel team to improve in its services and amenities. We are disappointed that we did not entirely meet your expectations and for the areas you felt we lacking please accept our sincerest apologies. Thank you again for sharing and we do hope that we can improve your impression on a future stay in Columbus, OH. We wish you a vey happy holiday to you and your family.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I was attending a military ball at this hotel recently and while enjoying cocktail hour - my gown split and the zipper broke. The staff at the hotel (Karen and Becky) saved my night! I quickly made my way to the hotel front desk and the staff was amazing. Karen cut the zipper out and sewed me into my gown so I didn't have to leave the event. They were so kind and accommodating - especially considering I wasn't staying at the hotel - I was just a guest at an event! I would recommend this venue for any event or stay because they truly care about their customers! Thank you so much!!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights recently. Overall the hotel is very nice. The restaurant has good food (a little pricey but in line with downtown hotel restaurant prices). My issues had to do with intermittent hot water. On three afternoons, I had no hot water. I work out after work so I had to take very cold showers (didn’t have time to wait since I was meeting with coworkers for dinner). I did call the first day and it was back after dinner. The same thing happened again the next two days. I gave up since I couldn’t wait around for them to fix it. It was odd since it would come back later. I would stay away from the 11th floor if possible.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here for a business event. Clean and well kept property. Staff friendly and helpful. Concierge lounge was nice although I did miss the coffee machine. Carafe coffee just doesn't taste the same. Quality what I expect from a Marriott property.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017

I am a Marriott rewards member and have been for over 3 years but after my experience with the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel I will never come back to another Marriott again. I canceled my reservation 24 previous to the date of reservation. I saw that there was a 48 hr cancellation policy so I made a phone call to talk to their reservation staff to see if I can get out of it without being charged. They assured me that this was not a problem and understood and sent the cancellation email to confirm. However, the next day i was charged for the full rate. When I called to discuss this with their director of finance they told me they couldn't help me and even though i was a loyal customer and was told the cancellation was approved. I will never return to any Marriott's in the future and will continue to be a loyal Member to the Hilton from here on out. There customer service would never treat a member with horrible customer service.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mkais1
Abbey G, Director of Hotel Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your reservation. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for the conflicting information. We are further disappointed that your overall impression of Marriott was impacted. Thank you again for sharing and we will review to ensure we are always working to improve our processes.