All reviews m club rye whiskey best burger i have ever had hard wood floors starbucks machine gymnastics competition laminate flooring modern bathroom hotel appears luggage rack amazing hotel shower head uber ride football stadium rooms are nice hotel restaurant desk area
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My family of four were taking my daughter to law school, and we were traveling from Maryland to Missouri. After 8 hours of driving we stopped over in Columbus for the night. I literally made the reservation from the car as we were driving on the highway, and this hotel turned out to be a real gem. Our stay, though brief, was fantastic. We arrived around 11pm, hungry and tired. The accommodations were amazing. A beautiful room. And we were even able to order room service when we got into the room. The food came in LESS THAN 20 minutes, and it was hot and delicious!! Damn near best burger I have ever had. Cooked perfectly, as were the fries.

I decided then and there that we would be back. We knew that after dropping our daughter off in St. Louis, that we would be making the return trip home through Columbus, so when I got to St. Louis, I booked another night. Our second night at the hotel (4 days later) was just as nice! And the same deal...we arrived around 11:30pm the second time, were able to order room service, and it was great.

I just wanted to mention that we loved the room and all of its accommodations (especially the shower), and the beds were very comfortable. The large flat screen TV was a real treat, especially since it was a smart TV. I loved the way the TV automatically dimmed when we turned off the lights. The room was spacious enough to comfortably fit all four of us (mom, dad and 2 college age kids). It was also very clean and well appointed.

The staff were super friendly and helpful. I understand the hotel has only been open for about 2 weeks, and they have done an excellent job with the selection of staff.

It really is a wonderful hotel, and in a good location as it is not far from the Ohio State University. Even though I didn't get to experience everything the hotel had to offer, because of time constraints, I left feeling that I got my money's worth. And to be sure, if I am ever in the Columbus, OH area again, I will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
TeamConcord, General Manager at Marriott Columbus University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Donna N.,

We cannot thank you enough for being our guest and for sharing these amazing compliments about your stay at Marriott Columbus University Area! Even though we are about two weeks old, we have to agree with you; our team are the most sincere and hospitable group of people. We are lucky to have them, as they are a wonderful asset to our establishment. They all geuinely care about how our guests feel, and we are pleased you could sense that. We also appreciate your kind comments about our room service and spacious rooms. We want our guests to feel comfortable, like they are all in a new home away from home! Please tell your daughter good luck for us! Law school is a tremendous success, and we hope she enjoys it! Please visit with us again soon.

Lisa K. Garner, CTA

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This hotel was only 3 days old when we arrived -- the pull out bed in our room was clearly never used before. We stayed in the Residence Inn portion of the hotel with our children for an evening at the Columbus Crew game and the hotel was perfect for that. So clean and the lobby lounge/restaurant was still open when we got back at 10:30 pm which was a big bonus. I will say the dinners the kids ordered (even as late as it was) were amazing. We are staying there again for another game we enjoyed it so much -- and it was a quick drive to the MAPFRE stadium (though traffic coming OUT of the stadium makes the trip longer home).

Room Tip: I wouldn't expect a good view in this location
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family