All reviews ohio state olentangy river road schottenstein center bob evans great hotel newer hotel complimentary breakfast king suite breakfast staff shuttle service room was clean easy access would definitely stay here again the breakfast area excellent stay front desk staff up to date
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Hampton INN at Ohio State on Olentangy is a great spot to stay if you are visiting OHIO STATE. You can almost walk to the Woody Hayes Athletic Center and the Schottenstein Center and Ohio Stadium aka the Shoe and the heart of the campus and High Street are only about five minutes away by car and a simple drive....the hotel itself is new, clean, has a nice staff that is helpful and the rooms are really nice...the work out room is great and is new and the pool is nice and has chairs to relax at and is not a boring looking place to hang out....this is a great hotel to stay at if you want a nice spot and to be very close to Ohio State and want to have an affordable rate and an excellent value. The hotel has a shuttle bus that is free although tips are appreciated and this will take you anyway in the surrounding location so another benefit and the shuttle works, you don't get I am sorry the shuttle is full at that time....you get what time do you want to be picked up. I will stay here for sure again when visiting Ohio State....wifi service also works and works all over the hotel even on the high floors

Room tip: all the rooms are the same
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jenna L, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear James H,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus University Area and for the GREAT TripAdvisor review! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will visit us again when you are back in the Columbus Area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Great Hotel. New! Clean! Staff is Fantastic Free Breakfast - Not great, just ok. Bob Evens in parking lot so you have options. Good location next to restaurants and grocery stores. Down the street from Stadium.

Dear Hard2Please22,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this TripAdvisor review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great compliments on our staff. I hope you visit us again when you are back in the Columbus Area!

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Great, newer hotel and worth the money. Beautiful rooms and bathrooms with very comfy beds and pillows! Friendly staff, fireplaces in the lobby. Very nice complimentary hot breakfast, as well. Great showers, too.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jenna L, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Susan Z,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus OSU. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great compliments! I hope you visit us again when you are back in the Columbus Area.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 February 2016

The hotel is relatively new. This is the second time we stayed there. The first time was perfect. This time however we noticed a few rather negative things. For example, early in the morning we heard what sounded like two people talking outside our room. I looked out in the hallway and no one was there. It turned out to be the person in the room adjacent to ours. The sound deadening (I guess of the doors between us) was so bad that it was as though he was in our room!!!! I didn't expect that at all from a Hampton Inn. The right side of the faucet made a really loud grinding noise when I turned on the water. I did report this to the front desk staff, so hopefully the faucet will be fixed. Finally we had a lot of trouble getting the temperature stable (and warm) in our room. I called the front desk and someone did come up to fix it for us. After that, it was a little better but we still continued to have some issues. The pool is beautiful and breakfast is great there. Just had those few other issues noted above. The sound issue was the worst--as bad as staying at a really cheap hotel. I don't expect that to happen at a Hampton at all.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Darwin K,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this TripAdvisor review. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your second stay with us. If you would like to discuss any issues further please reach out to myself or our front office manager. Our goal is to go above and beyond all guests expectations. I hope you will give us a another chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

First off I want to say this is a very nice hotel. Not sure how old it is but it looks new and it's clean. Our room was clean and was also very nice. It has a large bathroom with a really nice roomy shower. We was on the seventh floor which wasn't a issue as the elevators are fairly quick. We ate both mornings the breakfast they offered and it's also pretty good.

Now for the but in my review. Beds. I think I could have slept better on a rock. Yeah I think they are that bad. Our backs hurt both mornings we woke up. The other but is the slamming doors. Anytime someone leaves a room the door slams and it is loud. I was awaken a few times the 2 nights we stayed here by the doors. Not sure what the issue is but as many hotels I've stayed in I've never heard them this loud. This is the reason for the 3 star review. Although this is a very nice hotel between the rock hard mattress and slamming doors I think I'll look elsewhere when back in Columbus again!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GracieWV
Jenna L, Sales Coordinator at Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear GracieWV,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this TripAdvisor review and for the compliments on our guest rooms and breakfast. I would like to apologize for the noise issue you experienced during your stay with us. If you would like to discuss any issue further please reach out to myself or our front office manager.