“Would stay again”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Julia B
Wasilla, Alaska
“Would stay again”
Reviewed 22 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

My husband, son and myself traveled from Alaska to the Cleveland Clinic for my husband to have open heart surgery. I needed a place for us to stay for close to a month. Needless to say I was very nervous renting a place to stay sight unseen in a city none of us had ever traveled. We rented the Kensington apartment from Brooks and his wife and we couldn't have picked a better place or better landlords. They set us completely at ease and were willing to help us in any way they could (even printed out tickets to see the Browns play the Cardinals!) If we needed something they were right there to help us in any way they could. The house was more than comfortable and the neighborhood was so quaint and felt very safe. If we ever had to return to Cleveland for anything I can assure you that I would only book a place that Brooks owns. Thank you again for all that you did for us!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Albany, New York
“Great stay and space near Cleveland Clinic”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

My husband and I rented this apartment for his upcoming surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. We both wanted some extra room and more of a homey feel in the days leading up to the surgery and I wanted a safe and comfortable place for when I would be returning from the hospital in the evenings. This house/apartment was just what we were looking for! The owners met me (hubby was in testing) the day of check-in, helped me carry bags in and showed me the space and asked if I needed any recommendations or had any questions. They were so nice and said they were just a phone call or email away should we need anything, they even checked in a couple days into our stay to make sure that everything was to our expectations - you hardly get that kind of attention in hotels these days!
The apartment is in an older home so it has all the charm that old homes do - great wood floors, spaces with lots of character, and a clawfoot tub!! It is evident that the owners took time to paint, decorate and appoint the rooms so you'd be comfortable in the house. It had a nice big kitchen with attached dining area and a big living room with super comfy leather couches and a recliner...this came in handy the evening my hubby was released from the hospital and needed to get some rest before we traveled home the next day.
As for the area around the house/apartment - there are a bunch of restaurants within walking distance (like 5 minutes walk) and the food was good (Stone Oven being one of our favorites and was also recommended by the owners, Lopez, Anatolia Cafe) and we felt totally safe walking. Just up the road a short drive, was another good restaurant, Melt, and just past that some shopping centers that included Whole Foods, Target, a great TJMaxx, and others. The house has a garage parking spot too which is awesome for winter weather.
The distance to Cleveland Clinic is accurately estimated on the apartment listing - about 7 minutes (if you don't hit traffic in the morning, which I'd say would push it to 10 minutes). It is an easy drive and there is a Bruegger's Bagels and Starbucks on the way too and from the clinic so that's an added bonus!
Overall I would highly recommend this place and these owners if you are looking for a stay that gives you room to breath, is comfortable, and close to dining, shops, and hospitals. If we return to the area we would definitely rent again!

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
“Nice place; be wary of security deposit return”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

I spent 4 months in this Oakdale Avenue apartment. The upper level apartment itself was cheerful, spacious, well equipped and nicely decorated. Brooks was generally responsive as a landlord as maintenance issues arose (he does not live in the building). The house itself needs maintenance and the stairwells and common areas appear to be under a construction project that ceased operations at some unknown time in the past. What keeps me from recommending it, however, is that since my April departure, I have been unable to get my security deposit returned despite months of pleading by text, email and phone. So as long as you don't need your security deposit returned, don't hesitate to rent from him.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: good lighting, sunlight exposure, porch
Liked least: not getting security deposit back
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
26 Aug 2014
Amy deserves to be disappointed with me for taking so long to return her security deposit. It was an oversight that we have since rectified. Thank you- Brooks Jones
“A nice refuge for families of patients at cleveland clinic.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

My daughter and I stayed here one week while my husband was in the clinic. It is easy to find and a very easy 15 min drive to the hospital. It was cheerful, spacious and clean. At night it was very quiet and we felt safe there alone.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing