“First Rate Thai--a Gem”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Went here on the recommendation of friends...outstanding Thai food. We eat a good bit of Thai when we travel and this was among the very best.

Super fresh, reasonable price, and very friendly staff.

It's a small place, so make the reservation!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

This quaint little is big on flavor. We started with the Satay. The chicken was amazingly tender and the peanut sauce outstanding.
For dinner I had the Pad Ma Mung with white rice (#17) and my wife the Kai Yang with brown rice (#21), both pictured below. They were very flavorful, but not spicy. The chicken was so tender, no knife was needed as I was able to cut it with a fork, and the vegetables were not soft or mushy, still firm and crunchy. The rice was superb.

The place only seats 40 people which means the food comes from the kitchen hot, not just warm. The staff was very friendly and attentive. This was a wonderful dining experience, and we will be back.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The curry with vegetables was amazing! The coconut-peanut curry sauce was to die for! Also check out the Thai Iced Tea!!!

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Good little place. Varied menu. Good service. prices were decent. it is a small place reservations during peak hours probably a good idea

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I have been a fan of Tyfun since it opened. I have worked in Tremont for nearly two years and, since then, eat-in or take out Tyfun at least twice per month. The pad thai and green curry chicken are my favorite dishes, but I have enjoyed every dish I've had here. The service is great and Sonny, the owner, is a gracious host. My husband and I bring friends here and no one has ever been disappointed.