“Best Happy Hour in Cleveland... Maybe in America”
Review of Momocho

Momocho
Ranked #17 of 1,984 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$14 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Seriously, it's that good...We stumbled upon this place when we first moved to Ohio City and it's a staple in our week, every week. I don't care what you say- you have never had guacamole this good. The traditional is great, but I recommend the sampler trio so you can try a few. My personal favorites are the pineapple/habenero/jicama (perfect balance of spicy and sweet!) as well as the goat cheese. The trout and bacon is also phenomenal even though it sounds a bit odd. Back to the happy hour... $2 tecate | $5 margarita classico | ½ priced taquitos... You can't beat that. All of the taquitos are amazing (and honestly can be shared because they're pretty large, especially if you're starting with guac) but the machaca is my personal favorite. I recently tried the red pepper Marg and I won't ever go back to the regular, its pretty incredible. 5-6:30 Tues through Friday, Trust me!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

First: GET THE GUACAMOLE! Every flavor is divine and part of what made this experience (I've been but first time for my two friends) so great is that our server made some GREAT recommendations, which I appreciate. 2 people had taquitos: beef brisket & I had camarones. Both sooo flavorful! 1 friend had chile relleno which was equally tasty and served with sides.

But do yourself a favor and try one of the guacs which are made fresh, in-house to order. We split a pitcher of spicy mango margaritas which wasn't TOO spicy. However lots of margarita flavors and selection of tequilas/mezcals. The patio is only a suggestion when you make a reservation but it is PERFECT on a nice day. The inside isn't bad but dimly lit. Would highly recommend and I go all the time for the guac, but it is a bit more expensive than most mexican restaurants.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Waited over an hour for are food. While waiting, waitress hardly came by to refill or drinks. Pricey for the amount of food you get.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My husband and I had early dinner here during our first month in Cleveland. The place is small and dark, but the decor is pretty trendy and nice. The staff is very friendly and attentive.
The food, however, is nothing special. We tried the queso fundido with chorizo appetizer, with an added fried egg on top, and it was pretty good but lacked salt.
For our entrees, I ordered the albondigas (meatballs) and my husband ordered the lamb chops. My plate was not at all what I expected. The sauce of the meatballs was very spicy but yet without a taste - it needed seasonings. Also, the spinach with hominy side was not a combination I enjoyed. The lamb chops my husband got also needed flavor, which he added by pouring the habanero sauce they gave us.
I wouldn't really recommend eating here if you are looking for traditional Mexican food, even upscale Mexican, as it is not that great. There are plenty of other restaurants with trendy, upscale twists on Mexican food that actually season their food right.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had our first date here and just celebrated our third anniversary here. The food is consistently fresh and always excellent. The guacamole is the best you will find in cleveland, no debate on that.

The happy hour has always been great and is on the entire first floor, which is very nice. A good portion of the menu is half off. We love to sit at the bar. The bartenders and servers are always friendly and helpful.

This is the restaurant to take anyone from out of town to. They won't be disappointed.