“Could of been 5 star !! ”
Review of Civilization

Civilization
Ranked #8 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Cleveland
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Great little spot and great coffee and deserts . My kids have strict things they need to eat and they wouldn't allow me to bring outside food even though we were spending about $20-25 for coffee and deserts . It was cold and rainy outside and they made us eat it in the car outside the shop. I was told it's the owners rules . If they owner wants to reach out to me I would be opened to discuss my experience . Coffee and food 4-5 stars but strict rules for a small town coffee shop 1 star! Starbucks has no problems with this request . Not what you expect from a supposedly warm friendly town

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank lb33wonka

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I'm here regularly on my way to work. Civilization makes espresso just the way I like it - NOT sour like a lot of other small cafes. It's a good place to grab breakfast on the go or to sit down for a light lunch.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

This place has some really good coffee and really great pastries. I went one Saturday morning with my girlfriend on her recommendation and then went back with my husband the next day because it was so inviting.

Had the weather been warming I would have sat outside, but alas in January in Ohio, it's anyone's guess what the weather will look like.

Very quaint and cozy environment. I would recommend to all of Cleveland.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 13 March 2016

This is not another same-old Starbucks. This place is UNIQUE, a place with lots of atmosphere, great coffee selection, and delicious pastries. It is a MUST in the Tremont neighborhood.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

I have gone here a number of times since moving to Tremont. Civilization has great coffee, and a variety of other foods and selections on their menu. The staff is polite, professional, and helpful. The prices are reasonable, cheaper than a lot of coffee shops. They also offer free wifi. I'd go here over Starbucks any day.

Date of visit: September 2015