“Disappointing”

InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We generally have a high regard for this chain so we were disappointed. Here is the good and bad

Good
Extremely friendly staff that treats you like family. The managers are all warm and friendly and handle all requests to your satisfaction. I also thought the fitness center was decent with big towels. I also liked the 2 pm check out time extended to me.

Bad
- Only valet parking at $ 18.- daily. Best bet is to get a 7 day parking pass for garage # 1. This cost $ 30. Two blocks walking is not a problem for us.
- The building is getting warn down and needs retooling. The toilet broke down 3 times and the refrigerator leaked on the floor. The carpeting has stains and the cocktail table in LR was in bad shape.
- The A/C did not work well and the control is in a very bad location behind a lamp.
- The self serve laundromat was very expensive and only 2 machines working.
- Breakfast is extra and I found the dishes were often dirty.

My suggestion to readers is to go to the Holiday Inn next door which was newer and much cheaper. This means an extra 75 yard walk to the Cleveland Clinic, but you have use of the parking lot next door on weekends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
mnd227, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear bsorge,

I would like to start by saying thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking some time to provide us with a review. It’s nice to know that you liked our Fitness Center and appreciated a late check out as well as the courteous nature of all staff.

I am disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction in some areas however. My sincerest apologies that you had some mechanical issues in your room as well as in the laundromat. Also, I am very sorry about the issue you had at breakfast but please be assured that this has been addressed with my team. I appreciate that you have allowed us an opportunity to work on these issues and I do hope that we will have a future opportunity to make this up to you. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss these items with me further or if there is anything I can do to help. My number is 216-707-4200. I humbly await your call.

Moussa Ndiaye
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Overall excellent experience. Very attentive service from the car park valet, to front desk, to restaurant. The room was clean, modern, and comfortable. Proximity to hospital was excellent! I will stay here again if I need to go back to Cleveland Clinic.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 1BR suite which was very spacious and well laid-out.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sherice H, Administrative Assistant to the Hotel Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Gregory G

Thank you for taking some time to post an online review of your stay with our InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland. We are happy that you appreciated the attention you received from our staff and the modernity and comfort of our rooms. It is great to hear that you will stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you upon your return.

Warm Regards,
Sherice Holmes
Administrative Assistant to the Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were in town visiting a family member at the Cleveland Clinic. We prepaid for a suite for 4 days, 5 nights. It was pretty pricey at over $170/night. We could have gone to Holiday Inn next door (which I was tempted to do) but opted for this hotel because of the suite layout. Sadly, that was the best pro for staying here. Also, our PRE-PAID suite room was given away before we checked in. The hotel host did give us free breakfast the next day and promised to change our room the next day. Here's our experience:

PRO - suite layout with living area, large bathroom space, friendly staff, room was cleaned very well, WIFI was free, literally across the street from the Cleveland Clinic

CON - paper thin walls (we heard EVERYTHING from doors opening to people dropping things), mold in grout in the bathtub, no free breakfast, everything seemed outdated, carpets didn't feel too clean, no fan in bathroom, bed is uncomfortable, $18/day for valet which service can be slow sometimes and it was just a hassle to have to wait for your car every single time

Again, not terrible but at $170/night --- you did not get what you paid for. We've stayed at nicer luxury hotels for a much more affordable price!

Room Tip: Do NOT choose room 420. Right under and over maintenance rooms. You will hear creeking doors open an...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank andreaylo

Dear andreaylo,

Let me start by apologizing that your time with us was less than pleasant and that you did not perceive value for your stay. I would love to speak with you regarding the issues you endured, at your convenience. Please give me a call at 216-707-4200. I humbly await your call and again I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

Moussa Ndiaye
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel during four-days while my husband was being evaluated by the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel is extremely comfortable: rooms are spacious, and service is both competent and friendly. We stayed on the club floor, where the extra price includes breakfast, all-day coffee, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the evening, and a comfortable lounge area -- a most welcome amenity. Club hostess Antoinette Peterson is an especially kind and welcoming presence there. My husband was using a wheelchair, and the skybridge offered convenient direct access to the Cleveland Clinic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Chris L, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Cleveland at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Kate0838,

Thank you for staying recently at the InterContinental Cleveland, and for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you and your husband were able to find the care and comfort at our hotel that you were looking for, and that you enjoyed our Club Lounge on the 14th Floor and the service provided there. I appreciate as well you recognizing Antoinette for her warm and welcoming service. She is truly a remarkable colleague whom sets the example for the rest of our team of caregivers to follow. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to Cleveland.

All the best,

Chris Lee
Executive Assistant Manager
InterContinental Cleveland

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We've been to Cleveland Clinic many times and stayed at many places--all of which were fine--but none that compared to this hotel. The air was fresh, the place spotless, food served that was delicious and beautifully prepared as well as healthy. The rooms were quiet, spacious, flexible for various needs, sensitive to a guest's different needs. Staff wasn't just courteous but unusually responsive to a visitor's needs too. A+ from here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear jillcO6194PX,

It is wonderful to know that you found our InterContinental Suites Hotel to be an extraordinary place to stay. My team will be truly touched by your gracious remarks and I thank you on their behalf for sharing this review publicly. I hope that you will be back to see us soon so that we may provide you with another five-star experience.

Warm Regards,