“The Best French Restaurant in Cleveland”

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have visited this restaurant since it was know as That Place, and L'Albatros has never disappointed me. The menu has French classics, and the wine list is extensive. I has the cod with spaetzle and saurkraut; it was excellent. The manager suggested a lovely wine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,016)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a lovely luncheon with a friend. Our server, Joshua, was attentive and helpful with menu choices. My sandwich was burnt on the bottom and used texas toast so it was heavy on the breading but light on the ham and cheese. There was about 4 large potatoes cut into French fries which covered over half the plate. The fries were heavily salted. So my meal wasn't appealing. My friend had a salad which was mediocre. Then there was a $2.00 parking fee.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I found the food to be acceptable, nothing more. Restaurant is small, and it was crowded and noisy. If you are going and the patio is open, opt for that.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Often visit Cleveland for the Symphony and L'Albatros is usually our after concert place. Service last Saturday was just poor. Left standing at host station after checking in with a reservation, and many walked in after us and seated before us. Had to remind hostess we were still waiting to be seating (at 10P, not full house). Servers weren't certain who had our table and we were welcomed many times but never quite to take an order. Server was uncertain about specials. Wrong dinner severed to one of our party. Server asked if we would like ground pepper, only to never return again, until picking up empty plates. I often enjoy the mussels, Saturdays were the tiniest mussels I have ever had. Every restaurant has an off night, I hope this is not indicative of a decline.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We often pop into L'Albatros after a Cleveland Orchestra Symphony on Thursday evenings. Service is great, food is excellent, wines are wonderful.